7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2009 11:34 AM by Betino RSS

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete

Hi, Recently I port my project fro bea 8.1 to 10.2 & I am ubale to find following packages... workspace studio alos not able to find teh librraies contabing those files.

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for weblogic.management.ManagementException. Fix the build path then try building this project

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for weblogic.security.service.ResourceBase. Fix the build path then try building this project

com.bea.p13n.mbeans.MailServiceMBean

-KASH
        • 1. Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
          Maxence Button
          Hi,

Have you tried to import weblogic.jar in your project build path ?
          • 2. Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
            It seems this occurs since the required jar files for building the files is not available in the IDE build path.
            The build classpath is the path which is used to find classes that are referenced by your source code. During compilation, this path is used to search for classes outside of your project. As you know th build classpath can be specified for each project. In the project properties, it is referred to as the "Java Build Path Adding a JAR file to the build path : You can add a JAR file stored either in the workbench or anywhere in your file system to the build class path. To add a JAR to your build class path follow these steps: 1>>Select the project, and from its pop-up menu, select Properties. In the Properties dialog,select the Java Build Path page. 2>>Click the Libraries tab. You can now either add a JAR file which is contained in your workspace or which is somewhere else: to add a JAR file which is inside your workspace click the Add JARs button to add an external JAR file click the Add External JARs button.
            • 3. Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
              Maxence Button
              That's why by adding the weblogic.jar file, it should fix the problem.

Adrian taught me that the weblogic.jar file contains all the dependencies in its manifest.
              Then by adding it, it's like you were adding all the JAR from the distribution.

Haven't tried it yet, but I trust Adrian :)
              • 4. Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
                I am still unable to find following in any new WL 10 jar files.

weblogic.jdbc.extensions.WLConnection (wlbase.jar has the weblogic.jdbc.extensions but it doesn't has the class WLConnection )
                weblogic.security.service.ResourceBase (weblogic.security.services package is foud in WL 10.2 but it's services with S &it doesn't have ResourceBase )
                com.bea.p13n.mbeans.MailServiceMBean

I think as we are doing migration from 8.1 to 10.2, so I think those classes were deprectaed in between....
                So any suggestion how to implement following in 10.2

oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection oraConn = (oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection)(((WLConnection)conn111).getVendorConnection());

thanks

Edited by: user586236 on Nov 8, 2008 12:50 PM
                • 5. Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
                  The following code should work in 10.x :-
                  oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection vendorConn = (OracleConnection) ((WLConnection)conn).getVendorConnection()
                  Link:[http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs100/jdbc/thirdparty.html]
                  Is weblogic.jar in the classpath?
                  • 6. Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
                    hi

I am still unable to implement

oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection oraConn = (oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection)(((WLConnection)conn111).getVendorConnection());

in weblogic10.0, because the weblogic.jar doesnot provide "weblogic.jdbc.extensions.WLConnection"

any body found any solution
                    please reply

Thanks in advance
                    Amit
                    • 7. Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete
                      Betino
                      Maybe now this was deprecated in WLS10.x.

In WebLogic 8.x installation where you look at for weblogic.jdbc.extensions.*?