5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2002 2:36 PM by 3004

weblogic 6.1 trial not running on win2k

I installed WL 6.1 trial on my windows 2000 machine. When I run the default server it starts up but I cannot successfully access the "localhost:7001".

The server is running but it doesn't seem to be listening for any requests.
      I've verified the port number. On netscape I get "connection reset by peer".

Any ideas? Others on my team have installed the same version on the same OS without any problems.
        • 1. Re: weblogic 6.1 trial not running on win2k
          Hi.

Are there any exceptions or errors in your log file? Does the log file show the server listening on port 7001 with a message something like:

####<Jan 25, 2002 1:49:14 PM CST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <jefferson> <myserver> <ListenThread> <system> <> <000202> <ListenThread listening on port
          7001>

If your browser is set to go through a proxy try setting it to connect directly.

Try another browser (ie) - do you get the same behavior?

Regards,
          Michael

tdhaliwal wrote:
          I installed WL 6.1 trial on my windows 2000 machine. When I run the default server it starts up but I cannot successfully access the "localhost:7001".

Any ideas? Others on my team have installed the same version on the same OS without any problems.
          --
          Michael Young
          Developer Relations Engineer
          BEA Support

• 2. Re: weblogic 6.1 trial not running on win2k
            Michael,

thanks for your interest. I don't see any exceptions in the log files. The server is listening on port 7001 and port 7002 (secure). I have tried both
            netscape and
            internet explorer.

Another test I tried resulted in the following:

After starting the default server, I started the managed server (startManagedWebLogic.cmd). I entered the following command

"startManagedWebLogic ms http://localhost:7001" at the command prompt.

This is the exception that was thrown:

Exception raised: weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException:
            connecting
            to http://localhost:7001/wl_management_internal2/Bootstrap - with nested
            exception:
            [java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
            input stream re
            ad]
            java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input
            stream rea
            d
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
            at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:186)
            at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:204)
            at
            weblogic.net.http.MessageHeader.parseHeader(MessageHeader.java:132)
            at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:280)
            at
            weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:28
            3)
            at
            java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:230)
            at weblogic.management.Admin.getBootstrapLocalServer(Admin.java:983)
            at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:311)
            at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:354)
            at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:197)
            at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
            --------------- nested within: ------------------
            weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: connecting to
            http://localhost:7001/wl_management_internal2/Bootstrap - with nested exception:
            input stream re
            ad]
            at
            weblogic.management.Admin.getBootstrapLocalServer(Admin.java:1068)
            Reason: Fatal initialization exception
            ***************************************************************************

Michael Young wrote:
            Hi.

Are there any exceptions or errors in your log file? Does the log file show the server listening on port 7001 with a message something like:

####<Jan 25, 2002 1:49:14 PM CST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <jefferson> <myserver> <ListenThread> <system> <> <000202> <ListenThread listening on port
            7001>

If your browser is set to go through a proxy try setting it to connect directly.

Regards,
            Michael

tdhaliwal wrote:

--
            Michael Young
            BEA Support
            • 3. Re: weblogic 6.1 trial not running on win2k
              Hi.

Strange.

Ok, one last thing to try. Try using the IP address of your win2k machine instead of localhost. If you don't know what that is you can run 'java utils.myip'
              after running setEnv.cmd to get it.

If that works then there is some sort of network setup problem on your win2k box. If that doesn't work then please open a case with support.

Thanks,
              Michael

Notes_shortname@ca.ibm.com wrote:
              Michael,

thanks for your interest. I don't see any exceptions in the log files. The server is listening on port 7001 and port 7002 (secure). I have tried both
              netscape and
              internet explorer.

After starting the default server, I started the managed server (startManagedWebLogic.cmd). I entered the following command

connecting
              exception:
              input stream re
              ad]
              stream rea
              d
              at
              at
              3)
              at
              http://localhost:7001/wl_management_internal2/Bootstrap - with nested exception:
              input stream re
              ad]
              at

Michael Young wrote:
              Hi.

7001>

Regards,
              Michael

tdhaliwal wrote:

--
              Michael Young
              BEA Support
              --
              Michael Young
              BEA Support

• 4. Re: weblogic 6.1 trial not running on win2k
                Here is the output when I start the default server:

***********************************************************************************************************
                C:\bea\wlserver6.1>set PATH=.\bin;C:\Borland\AppServer\bin;C:\Program Files\Vert
                ical Sky Client\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Utiliti
                es;C:\Program Files\IBM\Trace Facility;C:\Program Files\Personal Communications;
                C:\Notes;C:\IMNnq_NT;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\BIN;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\FUNCTIO
                N;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\SAMPLES\REPL;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\HELP;C:\Rational\
                common;C:\Rational\Rose\TopLink\;c:\jbuilder5\bin

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>set CLASSPATH=.;.\lib\j2ee12.jar;.\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\
                weblogic.jar

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>echo off

* To start WebLogic Server, use the password *
                * assigned to the system user. The system *
                * username and password must also be used to *
                * access the WebLogic Server console from a web *
                * browser. *

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>"C:\bea\jdk131\bin\java" -hotspot -ms64m -mx64m -classpath .;
                .\lib\j2ee12.jar;.\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\weblogic.jar -Dweblogic.Domain=mydo
                main -Dweblogic.Name=myserver "-Dbea.home=C:\bea" -Dweblogic.management.password
                = -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=true -Dweblogic.J2EE12OnlyModeEnabled=true "-
                Djava.security.policy==C:\bea\wlserver6.1/lib/weblogic.policy" weblogic.Server
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:20:41 AM EST> <Info> <Security> <Getting boot password from use
                r.>
                Enter password to boot WebLogic server:
                Starting WebLogic Server ....
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:20:49 AM EST> <Notice> <Management> <Loading configuration file
                .\config\mydomain\config.xml ...>
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:20:56 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <Starting WebLogic Admi
                n Server "myserver" for domain "mydomain">
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:04 AM EST> <Notice> <Management> <Starting discovery of Mana
                ged Server... This feature is on by default, you may turn this off by passing -D
                weblogic.management.discover=false>
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:24 AM EST> <Notice> <Management> <Application Poller not sta
                rted for production server.>
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:24 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <ListenThread listening
                on port 7001>
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:24 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <SSLListenThread listen
                ing on port 7002>
                <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:25 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <Started WebLogic Admin
                Server "myserver" for domain "mydomain" running in Production Mode>
                *********************************************************************************************

Michael Young wrote:
                Hi.

Strange.

Ok, one last thing to try. Try using the IP address of your win2k machine instead of localhost. If you don't know what that is you can run 'java utils.myip'

If that works then there is some sort of network setup problem on your win2k box. If that doesn't work then please open a case with support.

Thanks,
                Michael

Michael,

netscape and
                internet explorer.

connecting
                exception:
                input stream re
                ad]
                stream rea
                d
                at
                at
                3)
                at
                input stream re
                ad]
                at

Michael Young wrote:
                Hi.

7001>

Regards,
                Michael

tdhaliwal wrote:

--
                Michael Young
                BEA Support
                --
                Michael Young
                BEA Support
                • 5. Re: weblogic 6.1 trial not running on win2k
                  I have resolved the problem. It turns out that I have VPN (virtual private network) software on my machine that
                  was causing the conflict. I have Aventail Connect 3.23 installed on my machine.

I was experiencing the problem with Weblogic even when I did not have the software running.
                  A colleague of mine mentioned that this software modifies the tcpip stack so it could have an effect
                  even if its not running. I don't understand all the details but the important thing is that the server is now
                  serving my requests.

What I did to get it working was to go into the configuration for the software and java.exe and javaw.exe to the list of
                  programs that should be not be "secured" by this software.

The strange thing is that another person on my team does not experience the problem althoug he has the same software (same version) as I do. He did not need to
                  make the change which I made.

Here is the output when I start the default server:

***********************************************************************************************************
                  C:\bea\wlserver6.1>set PATH=.\bin;C:\Borland\AppServer\bin;C:\Program Files\Vert
                  ical Sky Client\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Utiliti
                  es;C:\Program Files\IBM\Trace Facility;C:\Program Files\Personal Communications;
                  C:\Notes;C:\IMNnq_NT;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\BIN;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\FUNCTIO
                  N;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\SAMPLES\REPL;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\HELP;C:\Rational\
                  common;C:\Rational\Rose\TopLink\;c:\jbuilder5\bin

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>set CLASSPATH=.;.\lib\j2ee12.jar;.\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\
                  weblogic.jar

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>echo off

* To start WebLogic Server, use the password *
                  * assigned to the system user. The system *
                  * username and password must also be used to *
                  * access the WebLogic Server console from a web *
                  * browser. *

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>"C:\bea\jdk131\bin\java" -hotspot -ms64m -mx64m -classpath .;
                  .\lib\j2ee12.jar;.\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\weblogic.jar -Dweblogic.Domain=mydo
                  main -Dweblogic.Name=myserver "-Dbea.home=C:\bea" -Dweblogic.management.password
                  = -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=true -Dweblogic.J2EE12OnlyModeEnabled=true "-
                  Djava.security.policy==C:\bea\wlserver6.1/lib/weblogic.policy" weblogic.Server
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:20:41 AM EST> <Info> <Security> <Getting boot password from use
                  r.>
                  Enter password to boot WebLogic server:
                  Starting WebLogic Server ....
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:20:49 AM EST> <Notice> <Management> <Loading configuration file
                  .\config\mydomain\config.xml ...>
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:20:56 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <Starting WebLogic Admi
                  n Server "myserver" for domain "mydomain">
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:04 AM EST> <Notice> <Management> <Starting discovery of Mana
                  ged Server... This feature is on by default, you may turn this off by passing -D
                  weblogic.management.discover=false>
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:24 AM EST> <Notice> <Management> <Application Poller not sta
                  rted for production server.>
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:24 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <ListenThread listening
                  on port 7001>
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:24 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <SSLListenThread listen
                  ing on port 7002>
                  <Jan 30, 2002 10:21:25 AM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <Started WebLogic Admin
                  Server "myserver" for domain "mydomain" running in Production Mode>
                  *********************************************************************************************

Michael Young wrote:
                  Hi.

Strange.

Thanks,
                  Michael

Michael,

netscape and
                  internet explorer.

connecting
                  exception:
                  input stream re
                  ad]
                  stream rea
                  d
                  at
                  at
                  3)
                  at
                  input stream re
                  ad]
                  at

Michael Young wrote:
                  Hi.

7001>

Regards,
                  Michael

tdhaliwal wrote:

--
                  Michael Young
                  BEA Support
                  --
                  Michael Young
                  BEA Support