1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 28, 2008 5:33 AM by 666705

At the end of my rope. Cannot get Weblogic to Weblogic SSL working

I have a webservice running on Server B. I can call this webservice from the command line with the code shown below. I used clientgen to generate the Service and Stub stuff.

======================================================
                System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore", pathToKeystore+"ipetet.prod.jks");
                     System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword", "password");

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", pathToKeystore+"ipetet.prod.jks");
                     System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "password");

service = new IPETETWSHandler_Impl(webserviceURL);

port = service.getIPETETWSHandlerPort();

=========================================================

Again, this works GREAT when I go from the command line to any of our servers running the webservice, or if I go from Weblogic Server A (running a JSP which calls the webservice) with the client-cert-enforced set to FALSE on server B.

However, once I turn on client-cert-enforced, my command line client is still fine, YET my JSP running on Weblogic server A gets all these "incomplete certificate" errors on the server side.

I've tried everything I can think of. I can't find anything on the Weblogic site or in the examples provided with WLS9.2 that address my particular problems, as I'm using 2 Way SSL with a webservice call and I'm not using Workshop, just Weblogic Server (loooong story). I see a lot of stuff about setting up Contexts and URL connections with HTTPS, but I need something that will help me with my clientgen built Service and Port classes.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been a developer/architect for over 20 years and this is as stuck as I've ever been. There's a ton of data on the Weblogic server side once you turn up all the debug, but none of it seems to really tell you what's wrong...