8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2007 2:29 PM by 666705

workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client

I am using WebLogic Workshop 8.1 to crate a test Web Service.

I have created a webservice with two methods to support
      1. SOAP RPC call
      2. SOAP document call

This is working fine with the test harness provided by workshop.

I have written two Dynamic clients to test this web service (one for soap RPC
      type call and another for soap "document" type call).
      The SOAP RPC type call dynamic client is working fine.

The SOAP "document" type call dynamic client is throwing the following exception

javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: failed to invoke operation 'ReservationRQ' due
      to an error in the soap layer (SAAJ); nested exception is: Message[ failed to
      serialize interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElementweblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException:
      mapping lookup failure. class=interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}]StackTrace[

javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: failed to serialize interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElementweblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException:
      mapping lookup failure. class=interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}
      at weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultPart.invokeSerializer(DefaultPart.java:328)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultPart.toXML(DefaultPart.java:297)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultMessage.toXML(DefaultMessage.java:619)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.ClientDispatcher.send(ClientDispatcher.java:206)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.ClientDispatcher.dispatch(ClientDispatcher.java:143)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultOperation.invoke(DefaultOperation.java:444)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultOperation.invoke(DefaultOperation.java:430)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.CallImpl.invoke(CallImpl.java:539)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.CallImpl.invoke(CallImpl.java:392)
      at TestWSClientDoc.main(TestWSClientDoc.java:74)
      Caused by: weblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException: mapping lookup
      failure. class=interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}
      at weblogic.xml.schema.binding.RuntimeUtils.lookup_serializer(RuntimeUtils.java:151)
      at weblogic.xml.schema.binding.RuntimeUtils.invoke_serializer(RuntimeUtils.java:187)
      at weblogic.xml.schema.binding.RuntimeUtils.invoke_serializer(RuntimeUtils.java:174)
      at weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultPart.invokeSerializer(DefaultPart.java:324)
      ... 9 more
      ]

at weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.CallImpl.invoke(CallImpl.java:559)
      Failed to send doc.

I have attached a zip file conatining the following files with this.

TestWebService.jws - web service code
      TestWSClientDoc.java - dynamic client to test "document" type call
      TestWSClientRpc.java - dynamic client to test "rpc" type call
      test.xml – test document.

Could you please let me know here am I doing wrong?

Thanks
      Purna
      [webservice.zip]
        • 1. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client
          Hello,

Take a look at "style" attribute:
          http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/webserv/wsp.html#1015120 in the
          web-service element, it states the "style" attribute applies to an
          entire Web Service, all operations specified in a single <web-service>
          element must be either RPC-oriented or documented-oriented; WebLogic
          Server does not support mixing the two styles within the same Web
          Service.

Hope this helps,
          Bruce

purna wrote:
          >

1. SOAP RPC call
          2. SOAP document call

I have written two Dynamic clients to test this web service (one for soap RPC

The SOAP "document" type call dynamic client is throwing the following exception

javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: failed to invoke operation 'ReservationRQ' due
          to an error in the soap layer (SAAJ); nested exception is: Message[ failed to
          serialize interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElementweblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException:
          mapping lookup failure. class=interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}]StackTrace[

javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: failed to serialize interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElementweblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException:
          mapping lookup failure. class=interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}
          at weblogic.webservice.core.ClientDispatcher.dispatch(ClientDispatcher.java:143)
          Caused by: weblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException: mapping lookup
          failure. class=interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}
          at weblogic.xml.schema.binding.RuntimeUtils.lookup_serializer(RuntimeUtils.java:151)
          at weblogic.xml.schema.binding.RuntimeUtils.invoke_serializer(RuntimeUtils.java:187)
          at weblogic.xml.schema.binding.RuntimeUtils.invoke_serializer(RuntimeUtils.java:174)
          ... 9 more
          ]

Failed to send doc.

Thanks
          Purna

------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Name: webservice.zip
          webservice.zip Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
          Encoding: base64
          • 2. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client

Hi Bruce,
            I have removed the "rpc" style method and now I have only "document" style method,
            but still I am getting the same exception with Dynamic Client.

Do you have any suggetions?.

Thanks,
            Purna

Bruce Stephens <hbs@nospam.bea.com> wrote:
            Hello,

Service.

Hope this helps,
            Bruce

purna wrote:

1. SOAP RPC call
            2. SOAP document call

I have written two Dynamic clients to test this web service (one for
            soap RPC

The SOAP "document" type call dynamic client is throwing the following
            exception
            javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: failed to invoke operation 'ReservationRQ'
            due
            to an error in the soap layer (SAAJ); nested exception is: Message[
            failed to
            mapping lookup failure. class=interface javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement
            class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}]StackTrace[
            class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}
            Caused by: weblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException: mapping
            lookup
            ... 9 more
            ]

Failed to send doc.

Thanks
            Purna

• 3. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client
              Hi,

I would suggest trying to narrow down the problem. I suspect that there
              are server side issues. Try going back to this example and making sure
              it works OK.
              http://newsgroups.bea.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb/domdocdyn.zip?cmd=article&group=weblogic.developer.interest.webservices&item=4127&part=2&utag=&/domdocdyn.zip

Spin up WLW and compare the two WSDLs. I suspect there will be some
              differences that could be causing your problem.

Could you tell us a bit about your goal?
              Thanks,
              Bruce

Purna wrote:
              >
              Hi Bruce,
              I have removed the "rpc" style method and now I have only "document" style method,

Thanks,
              Purna

Hello,

Service.

Hope this helps,
              Bruce

purna wrote:

1. SOAP RPC call
              2. SOAP document call

I have written two Dynamic clients to test this web service (one for
              soap RPC

exception
              due
              failed to
              class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}]StackTrace[
              class context=TypedClassContext{schemaType=['http://www.openuri.org/']:ReservationRQ}
              lookup
              ... 9 more
              ]

Failed to send doc.

Thanks
              Purna

• 4. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client

Hi Bruce,
                The example you provided is working fine. In fact I had used your example to write
                the Dynamic client.

Background on my requirement:
                I had created a web service out of my application, which has set of enterprise
                java beans. The web service is working fine with WLW test harness and static client.
                I want to write a Dynamic Cient for this web service. Inside this web service
                the methods are expecting a document object. I am getting the exceptions for
                the Dynamic Client.

Please find the attached zip file containg the wsdl files.

It would be great if you can provide a working document style web service (*.jws
                file - generated from WL workshop) and Dynamic Client code.

Thanks,
                Purna

Hi,

it works OK.
                http://newsgroups.bea.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb/domdocdyn.zip?cmd=article&group=weblogic.developer.interest.webservices&item=4127&part=2&utag=&/domdocdyn.zip

Thanks,
                Bruce

Purna wrote:
                Hi Bruce,
                I have removed the "rpc" style method and now I have only "document"
                style method,

Thanks,
                Purna

Hello,

Service.

Hope this helps,
                Bruce

purna wrote:

1. SOAP RPC call
                2. SOAP document call

I have written two Dynamic clients to test this web service (one
                for
                soap RPC

exception
                due
                failed to
                lookup
                ... 9 more
                ]

Failed to send doc.

Thanks
                Purna

[wsdl.zip]
                • 5. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client

Hi Purna,

I have attached the source for a DII client that I think may work for you.

It contains comments that describe what I think is causing the problem you are
                  having in WLW 8.1, because I was having the same problem in WLW 7.0 :-)

You'll need to have %WL_HOME%\server\lib\webservices.jar in the client's CLASSPATH,
                  because that's where the ElementCodec (and DocumentCodec) is. Let me know if it
                  works.

Regards,
                  Mike Wooten

"Purna" <cdd1prk@ups.com> wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  Hi Bruce,
                  The example you provided is working fine. In fact I had used your example
                  to write
                  the Dynamic client.

I had created a web service out of my application, which has set of enterprise
                  java beans. The web service is working fine with WLW test harness and
                  static client.
                  I want to write a Dynamic Cient for this web service. Inside this web
                  service
                  the methods are expecting a document object. I am getting the exceptions
                  for
                  the Dynamic Client.

It would be great if you can provide a working document style web service
                  (*.jws

Thanks,
                  Purna

Hi,

it works OK.

Thanks,
                  Bruce

Purna wrote:
                  Hi Bruce,
                  style method,

Thanks,
                  Purna

Hello,

Service.

Hope this helps,
                  Bruce

purna wrote:

1. SOAP RPC call
                  2. SOAP document call

for
                  soap RPC

exception
                  due
                  failed to
                  Caused by: weblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException:
                  mapping
                  lookup
                  ... 9 more
                  ]

Failed to send doc.

I have attached a zip file conatining the following files with
                  this.

Thanks
                  Purna

[WLWTestWebServiceClient.java]
                  • 6. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client

Hi Mike,

Your code worked for me. I will go from here.

Thanks,
                    Purna

"Michael Wooten" <wooten_michael@hotmail.com> wrote:
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    Hi Purna,

I have attached the source for a DII client that I think may work for
                    you.

It contains comments that describe what I think is causing the problem
                    you are
                    having in WLW 8.1, because I was having the same problem in WLW 7.0 :-)

You'll need to have %WL_HOME%\server\lib\webservices.jar in the client's
                    CLASSPATH,
                    because that's where the ElementCodec (and DocumentCodec) is. Let me
                    know if it
                    works.

Regards,
                    Mike Wooten

"Purna" <cdd1prk@ups.com> wrote:
                    Hi Bruce,
                    The example you provided is working fine. In fact I had used your example
                    to write
                    the Dynamic client.

I had created a web service out of my application, which has set of
                    enterprise
                    java beans. The web service is working fine with WLW test harness and
                    static client.
                    I want to write a Dynamic Cient for this web service. Inside this web
                    service
                    the methods are expecting a document object. I am getting the exceptions
                    for
                    the Dynamic Client.

It would be great if you can provide a working document style web service
                    (*.jws

Thanks,
                    Purna

Hi,

are server side issues. Try going back to this example and making
                    sure
                    it works OK.

Thanks,
                    Bruce

Purna wrote:
                    Hi Bruce,
                    style method,

Thanks,
                    Purna

Hello,

web-service element, it states the "style" attribute applies to
                    an
                    Service.

Hope this helps,
                    Bruce

purna wrote:

1. SOAP RPC call
                    2. SOAP document call

for
                    soap RPC

exception
                    due
                    failed to
                    Caused by: weblogic.xml.schema.binding.SerializationException:
                    mapping
                    lookup
                    ... 9 more
                    ]

Failed to send doc.

I have attached a zip file conatining the following files with
                    this.
                    TestWSClientDoc.java - dynamic client to test "document" type
                    call

Thanks
                    Purna

• 7. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client
                      hi purna,
                      i am alos having the same problem. can you please let me know what you done to solve this problem.

thanks,
                      with regards,
                      senthil
                      • 8. Re: workshop : webservices : Dynamic Client
                        Hi I am also facing the same problem can you give me a simple DII client and a document styled webservice.
                        I am using weblogic workshop 9.2