3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2003 9:37 AM by 3004 RSS

    java.util.Date and timezone settings

    3004

      Hi, another question regarding java.util.Date transformation.

      I noticed that ws-response prints java.util.Date in GMT 0 timezone (no time zone),
      not taking care of your environment settings.

      A couple of questions about this issue:

      Is this web-services expected behaviour ?

      If we can change this kind of behaviour, how do I tell
      the server to use my timezone settings to print the dateTime data ?

      Thanks in advance.

        • 1. Re: java.util.Date and timezone settings
          3004
          Hello,

          Here's a very simple test using java.util.GregorianCalendar that seems
          to work OK. See what it does in your environment. Also, if you try
          the echoDate at our SOAPBuilders endpoint [1], you can see the timezone
          is correctly set.

          Hope this helps,
          Bruce

          [1]
          http://webservice.bea.com:7001/base/SoapInteropBaseService?operation.view=echoDate

          Tonio wrote:
          >
          Hi, another question regarding java.util.Date transformation.

          I noticed that ws-response prints java.util.Date in GMT 0 timezone (no time zone),
          not taking care of your environment settings.

          A couple of questions about this issue:

          Is this web-services expected behaviour ?

          If we can change this kind of behaviour, how do I tell
          the server to use my timezone settings to print the dateTime data ?

          Thanks in advance.
          [simpleDate.zip]
          • 2. Re: java.util.Date and timezone settings
            3004
            Re-reading, I may have misunderstood your question. Maybe if you could
            change the simple example to show your use case, then we can go from
            there.

            Thanks,
            Bruce

            Bruce Stephens wrote:
            >
            Hello,

            Here's a very simple test using java.util.GregorianCalendar that seems
            to work OK. See what it does in your environment. Also, if you try
            the echoDate at our SOAPBuilders endpoint [1], you can see the timezone
            is correctly set.

            Hope this helps,
            Bruce

            [1]
            http://webservice.bea.com:7001/base/SoapInteropBaseService?operation.view=echoDate

            Tonio wrote:
            Hi, another question regarding java.util.Date transformation.

            I noticed that ws-response prints java.util.Date in GMT 0 timezone (no time zone),
            not taking care of your environment settings.

            A couple of questions about this issue:

            Is this web-services expected behaviour ?

            If we can change this kind of behaviour, how do I tell
            the server to use my timezone settings to print the dateTime data ?

            Thanks in advance.
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Name: simpleDate.zip
            simpleDate.zip Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
            Encoding: base64
            • 3. Re: java.util.Date and timezone settings
              3004

              The problem appears with java.util.Date not with java.util.GregorianCalendar.

              I'm sending an example in my mail regarding java.sql.Date and
              java.sql.Timestamp. (message #4415)

              thanks.

              Bruce Stephens <hbs@nospam.bea.com> wrote:
              Re-reading, I may have misunderstood your question. Maybe if you could
              change the simple example to show your use case, then we can go from
              there.

              Thanks,
              Bruce

              Bruce Stephens wrote:
              Hello,

              Here's a very simple test using java.util.GregorianCalendar that seems
              to work OK. See what it does in your environment. Also, if you try
              the echoDate at our SOAPBuilders endpoint [1], you can see the timezone
              is correctly set.

              Hope this helps,
              Bruce

              [1]
              http://webservice.bea.com:7001/base/SoapInteropBaseService?operation.view=echoDate

              Tonio wrote:
              Hi, another question regarding java.util.Date transformation.

              I noticed that ws-response prints java.util.Date in GMT 0 timezone
              (no time zone),
              not taking care of your environment settings.

              A couple of questions about this issue:

              Is this web-services expected behaviour ?

              If we can change this kind of behaviour, how do I tell
              the server to use my timezone settings to print the dateTime
              data ?
              Thanks in advance.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Name: simpleDate.zip
              simpleDate.zip Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
              Encoding: base64