1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2003 1:40 PM by 3004

Servlet: "WebServiceServlet" failed to preload on startup in webapp: "resourcemgr.war"

HI,
      I Have deployed my webservice on Wl7.0 but when the App server boots it gives
      me the following exception. Does any body has any idea why it is happening like
      that. Though i have not tried to access my webservice opeartaions using any client
      but it should not have happened as i have deployed similar webservices on WL7.0.
      may be something is wrong with this but i am not able to figure it out.

Exception coming is..........

javax.servlet.ServletException: com/sds/services/transaction/ResourceMgr
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:912)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:833)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:773)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2763)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:2708)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:2681)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:552)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:476)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner$1.run(ServletInitRunner.java:50)
      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManager.java:744)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner.run(ServletInitRunner.java:46)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Thanks & Regards
      Akhil Nagpal
        • 1. Re: Servlet: "WebServiceServlet" failed to preload on startup in webapp: "resourcemgr.war"
          Hi,

Do you use a base-interface for your bean? I had the same problem with a
          session bean that uses
          a business interface, which is the base interface for the remote interface
          and implemented by the bean.
          I don't know what exactly happened, but when I do not use the business
          interface then it works. Seems
          to be a problem with the generator. Surprisingly it also works if the remote
          interface is empty (and does not
          add any methods or specialize the derived methods from the business
          interface).
          Hope this helps.

Regards
          Thomas

"Akhil Nagpal" <akhil_nagpal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
          news:3e3cf31b@newsgroups.bea.com...
          >
          HI,
          I Have deployed my webservice on Wl7.0 but when the App server boots it
          gives
          me the following exception. Does any body has any idea why it is happening
          that. Though i have not tried to access my webservice opeartaions using
          any client
          but it should not have happened as i have deployed similar webservices on
          WL7.0.
          may be something is wrong with this but i am not able to figure it out.

Exception coming is..........

javax.servlet.ServletException: com/sds/services/transaction/ResourceMgr
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java
          :912)
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.ja
          va:833)
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
          a:773)
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletC
          ontext.java:2763)
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServlet
          Context.java:2708)
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServle
          tContext.java:2681)
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:552)
          at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:476)
          at
          weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner$1.run(ServletInitRunner.java:50)
          at
          weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManage
          r.java:744)
          at
          weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner.run(ServletInitRunner.java:46)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Thanks & Regards
          Akhil Nagpal