Who is going crazy???

I love weblogic.

<Jan 18, 2008 2:42:42 PM MSK> <Error> <Application Poller> <BEA-149408> <An exception occurred while deploying an application appsdircartapp_ear: weblogic.management.ManagementException: weblogic.management.ManagementException: [Deployer:149164]The domain edit lock is owned by another session in exclusive mode - hence this deployment operation cannot proceed..
    weblogic.management.ManagementException: weblogic.management.ManagementException: [Deployer:149164]The domain edit lock is owned by another session in exclusive mode - hence this deployment operation cannot proceed.
    at weblogic.management.deploy.ApplicationsDirPoller.doActivate(ApplicationsDirPoller.java:246)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.GenericAppPoller.doit(GenericAppPoller.java:275)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.ApplicationsDirPoller.<init>(ApplicationsDirPoller.java:97)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.ApplicationsDirPoller.<init>(ApplicationsDirPoller.java:107)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentServerService.startAutoDeploymentPoller(DeploymentServerService.java:299)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    >

Has anyone seen this before??? Highly stable appserver starts giving this after about a week of development and only domain total annihilation helps.

PS: WL 10_(0*)1 :(

--
    Edited by macondo at 01/18/2008 3:56 AM
      • 1. Re: Who is going crazy???
        First, let me explain some basics about WebLogic:
        <br>
        1. WebLogic uses edit lock to make sure only one user can deploy application and change configuration at one time.
        <br>
        2. WebLogic automatically deploys applications under domain autodeploy/ directory when running in development.
        <br>
        In your case, someone is holding the edit lock before server starts, and you have an application called cartapp.ear under domain autodeploy directory. So the WebLogic autodeploy manager fails to deploy this application since it can not get the edit lock. An exception is thrown and the error message clearly indicates what the problem is. It works exactly as designed. That is why I <b>love</b> Weblogic.:-)
        <br>
        To fix the problem, just cancel the edit lock using Console or WLST. Restart the server, everything should be fine.
        <br>
        Thanks,<br>
        Jason Zheng

--
        Edited by jzheng at 01/18/2008 8:34 AM
        • 2. Re: Who is going crazy???
          It would be nice if everything behaved as you describe. I clearly understand lock and edit mechanism that is introduced into WL version 10. NONE, I want to highlight, NONE is using the server except me - this is my developer machine. Same occures on other developer machine.

I would be more that glad if it worked as designed, but it doesn't seem to.
          • 3. Re: Who is going crazy???
            Just login the console and take control and edit, release it again, it will fix the issue, it works for me when I see this error.