1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2008 1:44 PM by 666705

Help converting 8.1 WAR to 9.2

A collegue emailed me his 8.1 WAR file to deploy on my 9.2 server. When I attempt the deployment, I'm successful until I click "Activate Changes" in my 9.2 server console. At that time, I receive the following error messages:

First error:
      An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.

Second error:
      [J2EE:160177]The application at "C:\My_Web_Services\docs\MyFileService.war" was not recognized as a valid application type. If this is an EAR file, please ensure the META-INF/application.xml exists. EJB-JARs should have a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml. WAR files require a WEB-INF/web.xml, and RARs require a META-INF/ra.xml. A JMS deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with "-jms.xml". A JDBC deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with "-jdbc.xml". For other application types, please consult the WebLogic Server documentation.

I've opened his WAR file up (in WinZip) as see: MyService.class, MyService.wsdl, MyService-client.jar, Manifest.mf, and web-services.xml, but no WEB-INF/web.xml file.

I thought I might be able to use the "java weblogic.DDConverter" tool, but I'm getting a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/DDConverter" error.

Has anyone else converted a Weblogic 8.1 WAR file to 9.2 for deployment on a 9.2 web server?

Thanks,
      Pablo
        • 1. not recognized as a valid application type in deploying WAR to 9.2
          hi i have the same issue . i dont know whether it got resolved for u .

iam trying to deploy a war appliaction in our production mode. and i get
          The application at "/local/apps/weblog01/Prod-...war" was not recognized as a valid application type.

but we have everything right in the application like the welogic.xml,web.xl

we are struggling with this for the past three days . any help to solve is really apperciated