0 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2004 10:56 AM by 3004

Deploying a .war file on WLP 8.1

Hi Folks,

I have installed BEA WLP 8.1 with Service Pack 2 on a Linux RedHat 9 machine(this
      service pack comes with the installer). Created a domain using JDBC. I used "BEA's
      Oracle Driver (Type 4) version 8.1.7, 9.0.1, 9.2.0" driver to configure oracle
      database onto domain. The settings for Distributed Domain, JMS and MultiPool were
      set to 'No' so did'nt used it. After that I edited the setDomainEnv.sh file to
      add classpath for my application's jar files. Started the server. Opened up console
      http://<machine ip>:7001/console, deployed three .war files that are required
      to integrate BEA with my application module. It successfully deployed. The files
      were uloaded in domainserver/upload folder. After that I restarted the server
      and it throws following exceptions:

<Servlet: "startAgent" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "clickmarks".
      javax.servlet.ServletException
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:884)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:848)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:787)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3252)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3209)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3195)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:3174)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:688)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:483)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(ServletInitService.java:30)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:964)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
      at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
      >
      <May 25, 2004 6:14:07 PM PKST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "PatternsServlet"
      failed to preload on startup in Web application: "clickmarks".
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:884)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:848)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:787)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3252)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3197)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:3174)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(ServletInitService.java:30)
      >
      <May 25, 2004 6:14:09 PM PKST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "PortalServlet"
      failed to preload on startup in Web application: "portal".
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3197)
      >

The StartAgent, PatternsServlet and PortalServlet are some class instances that
      this war file need to initialize first. Can anyone please help me in this regard
      how to solve this problem? I need it urgently ASAP...