4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2006 12:48 AM by 666705

Error generating custom authentication providor MBean

I'm using WLS 9.0 and am having troubles creating my custom authentication provider.

I have created my class that implements AuthenticationProviderV2 and my class that implements LoginModule and put my MBeanType xml file in the same package as my two classes.

However, when I run \bea\jrockit90_150_03\bin\java weblogic.management.commo.WebLogicMBeanMaker -MDF net\sundog\authentication\BobcatAuthenticator.xml -MJF SundogAuthenticator.jar -files . -createStubs -g -validateXML

I get the following output:
      Creating an MJF from the contents of directory ....
      Compiling the files...
      Creating the list.
      Doing the compile.
      Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
      Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
      WLMaker-SubProcess: :
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : Generating the implementations for security MBeans
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [velocityCount]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [line]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [f]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [m]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [p]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [n]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : done
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : Generating the parsing binders for security MBeans
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : Generating the bean infos for security MBeans ...
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [import]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [property]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [beanConfigurable]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [propertyMethod]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : no annotation found for key [method]
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : Generating Bean Factory Class to .\weblogic\management\security\SUNDOGAUTHENTICATORBeanInfoFactory.java
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : Stopped draining WLMaker-SubProcess:
      WLMaker-SubProcess: : Stopped draining WLMaker-SubProcess:
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : Generating schema for security provider mbeans ...
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : [JAM] Warning: failed to resolve class tempFileDirForSchema.weblogic.management.security.ImportMBeanImpl
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : [JAM] Warning: failed to resolve class tempFileDirForSchema.weblogic.management.security.pk.KeyStoreMBeanImpl
      [---snip, many lines like the above---]
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : [SEVERE] Could not resolve class: tempFileDirForSchema.weblogic.management.security.ImportMBeanImpl
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : [SEVERE] Could not resolve class: tempFileDirForSchema.weblogic.management.security.pk.KeyStoreMBeanImpl
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : [SEVERE] Could not resolve class: tempFileDirForSchema.weblogic.management.security.authentication.UserLockoutManagerMBeanImpl
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : [SEVERE] Could not resolve class: tempFileDirForSchema.weblogic.management.utils.PropertiesListerMBeanImpl
      [---snip, many lines like the above---]
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess : [SEVERE] initialization errors encountered, skipping compilation
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess: Stopped draining WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess
      WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess: Stopped draining WLMaker-SchemaGen-SubProcess
      Creating the list.
      Doing the compile.
      Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
      Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
      Creating the MJF...
      MJF is created.

The trouble is that it looks like it's not able to compile the classes that are supposed to be in the tempFileDirForSchema package. I am trying to follow the documentation and examples from the 9.0 documentation, and using the 8.1 samples when there isn't an updated 9.0 version available.

I figure the class compiling problems are the cause of this error I get when starting weblogic after deploying my authenticator:
      eblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceRuntimeException:
      [Security:090371]Problem instantiating Authentication Provider java.lang.NullPointerException
      at
      weblogic.security.service.PrincipalAuthenticator.initialize(PrincipalAuthenticator.java:258)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.PrincipalAuthenticator.<init>(PrincipalAuthenticator.java:328)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doATN(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:592)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initializeRealm(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:442)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.loadRealm(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:695)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initializeRealms(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:724)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:876)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:775)
      at
      weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:133)
      at
      weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
      at weblogic.work.ServerWorkManagerImpl
      $WorkAdapterImpl.run(ServerWorkManagerImpl.java:518)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:179)
      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.createSecurityProvider(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:267)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.createSecurityProvider(SecurityServiceManager.java:1000)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.adapters.AdapterFactory.getAuthenticationProvider(AdapterFactory.java:73)
      at
      weblogic.security.service.PrincipalAuthenticator.initialize(PrincipalAuthenticator.java:180)
      ... 12 more

Thanks,
      Nathan

Message was edited by:
      nvoxland