4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2004 7:10 PM by 3004

Custom User and Group classes

Hi,
      I have a login custom module which does the authentication for my application.
      Till now I was using WLSUserImpl and WLSGroupIpml and everything was working fine.
      Now to make the LoginModule weblogic independent , I replaced the User and Group
      classes with my own classes which extend from java.security.Principal.
      But for some reason this isnt working. Am I missing something obvious.??

This the exception stack trace which I get
      java.lang.SecurityException: [Security:090398]Invalid Subject: principals=[com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOUser@1698cbe,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@9719f4, com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@28ebb4,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@8ab721, com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@fcf06c,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@c7539, com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@1e41830,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@1f01b29, com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@8721bd,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@1b81d4f, com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@8c6e04,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@18aeabe, com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@13968f1,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@18c28a, com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@18bff68,
      com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@2d2da4]
           at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.seal(SecurityServiceManager.java:682)
           at weblogic.security.service.RoleManager.getRoles(RoleManager.java:279)
           at weblogic.security.service.AuthorizationManager.isAccessAllowed(AuthorizationManager.java:694)
           at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.WebAppSecurity.hasPermission(WebAppSecurity.java:567)
           at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.checkPerm(SecurityModule.java:134)
           at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkUserPerm(FormSecurityModule.java:327)
           at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.beginCheck(SecurityModule.java:182)
           at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkA(FormSecurityModule.java:181)
           at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(ServletSecurityManager.java:145)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3539)
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
           at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
           at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)
        • 1. Re: Custom User and Group classes
          On 25 Feb 2004 06:45:50 -0800, Anil <ainamdar@iso-ne.com> wrote:

>
          Hi,
          I have a login custom module which does the authentication for my
          application.
          Till now I was using WLSUserImpl and WLSGroupIpml and everything was
          working fine.
          Now to make the LoginModule weblogic independent , I replaced the User
          and Group

java.lang.SecurityException: [Security:090398]Invalid Subject:
          principals=[com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOUser@1698cbe,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@9719f4,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@28ebb4,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@8ab721,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@fcf06c,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@c7539,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@1e41830,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@1f01b29,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@8721bd,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@1b81d4f,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@8c6e04,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@18aeabe,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@13968f1,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@18c28a,
          com.isone.security.providers.authentication.ISOGroup@18bff68,
               at
          weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.seal(SecurityServiceManager.java:682)
               at
          weblogic.security.service.AuthorizationManager.isAccessAllowed(AuthorizationManager.java:694)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.security.internal.WebAppSecurity.hasPermission(WebAppSecurity.java:567)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.checkPerm(SecurityModule.java:134)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkUserPerm(FormSecurityModule.java:327)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.beginCheck(SecurityModule.java:182)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkA(FormSecurityModule.java:181)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(ServletSecurityManager.java:145)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3539)
               at
          weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
          I think that you need to extend WLSAbstractPrincipal I think instead of
          WLSPrincipal if you aren't going to implement your own
          PrincipalValidator. The default PrincipalValidator is going to expect a
          principal that extends WLSAbstractPrincipal.

PaulF

--
          Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
          • 2. Re: Custom User and Group classes

I actually extended PrincipalValidatorImpl and returned java.security.Principal
            as the base class.
            But still I got the same exception.

PaulF <paulf@reply_in_newsgroup.com> wrote:
            Hi,
            application.
            working fine.
            Now to make the LoginModule weblogic independent , I replaced the User
            and Group

at
            weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.seal(SecurityServiceManager.java:682)
                 at
            weblogic.security.service.AuthorizationManager.isAccessAllowed(AuthorizationManager.java:694)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.security.internal.WebAppSecurity.hasPermission(WebAppSecurity.java:567)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.checkPerm(SecurityModule.java:134)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkUserPerm(FormSecurityModule.java:327)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.beginCheck(SecurityModule.java:182)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkA(FormSecurityModule.java:181)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(ServletSecurityManager.java:145)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3539)
                 at
            weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
            I think that you need to extend WLSAbstractPrincipal I think instead
            of
            PrincipalValidator. The default PrincipalValidator is going to expect
            a

PaulF

--
            • 3. Re: Custom User and Group classes

See if this will help:
              http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/dvspisec/pv.html

Pavel.

"Anil" <ainamdar@iso-ne.com> wrote:
              >
              as the base class.

Hi,
              application.
              working fine.
              Now to make the LoginModule weblogic independent , I replaced the
              User
              and Group

at
                   at
                   at
                   at
                   at
                   at
                   at
                   at
                   at
                   at
              of
              a

PaulF

--
              • 4. Re: Custom User and Group classes
                And this will explain you why there is no way to do this right now:
                (CR125681 -- although it says 7.0SP1 it is not fixed even in 8.1 SP2 and
                there is no time frame for the fix)
                http://support.bea.com/application?namespace=askbea&origin=ask_bea_answer.jsp&event=link.view_answer_page_clfydoc&answerpage=solution&page=wls/S-21705.htm

We've had the same issue and even have an open support case and for now
                the only way to workaround the bug is to
                use the WLSUserImpl and WLSGroupImpl classes.

HTH,
                Dejan

Pavel wrote:
                See if this will help:
                http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/dvspisec/pv.html

Pavel.

"Anil" <ainamdar@iso-ne.com> wrote:

as the base class.

Hi,

application.

working fine.
                Now to make the LoginModule weblogic independent , I replaced the

User

and Group

at
                     at
                     at
                     at
                     at
                     at
                     at
                     at
                     at
                     at

of
                a

PaulF

--