5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2004 6:44 PM by 3004

Change system password

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your help.

I would want to ask you if that error is caused by managed servers are running
      and they are attempting to access to admin server ldap files ? I'm sure that admind
      server is stopped when I try to start it again.
      ¿Do you know how can I see if admin server has lock that is used to ensure that
      only one process has access to the embedded ldap data files?

Thanks a lot,

Santi

Santi wrote:
      I've got WL7.0 When I change system password from console, when Managed servers
      are runnig, I stop admin server and start it again but it doesn't run. I need
      stop all Managed servers to start Admin server with new password. Is it necessary?
        • 1. Re: Change system password

"Santi" <sbalaguer@caixapenedes.com> wrote in message
          news:4014e81f$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
          >
          Dear Peter,

Thanks for your help.

I would want to ask you if that error is caused by managed servers are
          running
          and they are attempting to access to admin server ldap files ?
          The managed servers and admin server uses different ldap directories. The
          admin
          server directory is the master and the managed server are replicas.

I'm sure that admind
          server is stopped when I try to start it again.
          I would double check before restarting. Do a ps or other operating system
          command to make
          sure.
          ¿Do you know how can I see if admin server has lock that is used to ensure
          that
          only one process has access to the embedded ldap data files?
          If the admin server is running, then it has lock for its directory. If a
          manged server is running,
          then it has lock for its directory.

• 2. Re: Change system password

Dear Peter,

Thanks a lot, again.

I can't start admin server yet, when I change system password in admin console
            and managed servers are running. I stop admin server and start it again but it
            doesn't start. I need to stop all managed servers to admin server starts. I isn't
            funtional.

The especific errors in start adm server are:

<27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354> <Thread "ListenThread.Default"
            lis
            tening on port 7001>
            <27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354> <Thread "SSLListenThread.Default"
            listening on port 7002>
            <27-ene-04 12:11:46 CET> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer> <000342> <Unable to initialize
            the server: Fatal initialization exception
            Throwable: weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException: Unexpected Exception
            - with nested exception:
            [weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
                    java.io.EOFException]
            weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
            java.io.EOFException
            java.io.EOFException
            at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)
            at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599)
            at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
            at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)
            at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)
            --------------- nested within: ------------------
            weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException: Unexpected Exception - with nested
            exception:
            [weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
                    java.io.EOFException]
            at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLStub.invoke(Unknown
            Source)
            at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:470)
            at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:198)
            at $Proxy65.reconnectToAdminServer(Unknown Source)
            at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServer(AdminServerAdmin.java:44
            6)
            at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServers(AdminServerAdmin.java:3
            12)
            at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.finishPostListen(AdminServerAdmin.java:265)
            at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:912)
            at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:300)
            at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
            >
            ***************************************************************************
            The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
            Exception raised:
            weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
            java.io.EOFException
            java.io.EOFException
            at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)
            at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599)
            • 3. Re: Change system password

Dear Peter,

I write you the managed server log when I Try to start admin server with new system
              password and managed serverd running:

<27-ene-04 12:07:57 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000360> <Server started in
              RUNNING mode>
              <27-ene-04 12:11:46 CET> <Emergency> <Configuration Management> <150009> <Errors
              detected atte
              mpting to connect to admin server at http://172.16.22.18:7001 during initialization
              of managed
              server ( localhost:7003 ). The reported error was: < null > This condition generally
              results
              when the managed and admin servers are using the same listen address and port.
              javax.naming.AuthenticationException. Root exception is java.lang.SecurityException:
              User: sy
              stem, failed to be authenticated.

Start server side stack trace:
              java.lang.SecurityException: User: system, failed to be authenticated.
              at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.authenticate(BootServicesImpl.java:188)
              at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.authenticate(BootServicesImpl.java:268)
              at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.invoke(BootServicesImpl.java:245)
              at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatchRequest(RJVMImpl.java:779)
              at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatch(RJVMImpl.java:738)
              at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerServer.handleRJVM(ConnectionManagerServer.java:207)
              at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:777)
              at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:508)
              at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:664)
              at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)
              End server side stack trace

<<no stack trace available>>
              >

• 4. Re: Change system password

"Santi" <sbalaguer@caixapenedes.com> wrote in message
                news:40164aaa$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
                >
                Dear Peter,

I write you the managed server log when I Try to start admin server with
                new system
                password and managed serverd running:

I would open a support case.

• 5. Re: Change system password

Dear Peter,

We open Bea Case, but they haven't answered, yet. We can't to start admin server
                  when I change system password using admin console and managed servers are running.
                  We have an error starting admin Server:

27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354> <Thread "ListenThread.Default"
                  lis tening on port 7001> <27-ene-04 12:11:39 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000354>
                  <Thread "SSLListenThread.Default" listening on port 7002> <27-ene-04 12:11:46
                  CET> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer> <000342> <Unable to initialize the server: Fatal
                  initialization exception Throwable: weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException:
                  Unexpected Exception - with nested exception: [weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
                  ; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException] weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
                  ; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException java.io.EOFException at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)
                  at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599) at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
                  at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213) at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)
                  --------------- nested within: ------------------ weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException:
                  Unexpected Exception - with nested exception: [weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
                  ; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException] at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLStub.invoke(Unknown
                  Source) at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:470)
                  at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:198) at $Proxy65.reconnectToAdminServer(Unknown
                  Source) at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServer(AdminServerAdmin.java:44
                  6) at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.discoverManagedServers(AdminServerAdmin.java:3
                  12) at weblogic.management.AdminServerAdmin.finishPostListen(AdminServerAdmin.java:265)
                  at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:912) at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:300)
                  at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
                  ***************************************************************************
                  The WebLogic Server did not start up properly. Exception raised: weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException:
                  ; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException java.io.EOFException at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.endOfStream(T3JVMConnection.java:663)
                  at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:599) at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)

<27-ene-04 12:07:57 CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <000360> <Server started in
                  RUNNING mode> <27-ene-04 12:11:46 CET> <Emergency> <Configuration Management>
                  <150009> <Errors detected atte mpting to connect to admin server at http://172.16.22.18:7001
                  during initialization of managed server ( localhost:7003 ). The reported error
                  was: < null > This condition generally results when the managed and admin servers
                  are using the same listen address and port. javax.naming.AuthenticationException.
                  Root exception is java.lang.SecurityException: User: sy stem, failed to be authenticated.

Start server side stack trace: java.lang.SecurityException: User: system, failed
                  to be authenticated. at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.authenticate(BootServicesImpl.java:188)
                  at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.authenticate(BootServicesImpl.java:268) at
                  weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.invoke(BootServicesImpl.java:245) at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatchRequest(RJVMImpl.java:779)
                  at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatch(RJVMImpl.java:738) at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerServer.handleRJVM(ConnectionManagerServer.java:207)
                  at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:777) at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:508)
                  at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:664) at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
                  at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213) at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)
                  End server side stack trace

To start admin server with new system password I need stop managed servers. I
                  don't undestand it.

Thanks for your help.