4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2001 7:39 PM by 3004

AuditProvider breaks admin consol

Hi,

I'm having problems with the AuditProvider in 6.0 sp2. My server starts fine
      and I see the audit messages in the log. When I try to access the admin console
      with the AuditProvider installed I get the exception below. This happens with
      both the sample LogAuditProvider and the one I have implemented.

Has anyone seen this?

javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: RuntimeException thrown by the getAttribute
      method of the DynamicMBean for the attribute FileTimeSpan
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1183)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1151)
      at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.getAttribute(MBeanProxy.java:223)
      at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:156)
      at $Proxy3.getFileTimeSpan(Unknown Source)
      at weblogic.logging.FileStreamLogger.log(FileStreamLogger.java:169)
      at weblogic.management.logging.DomainLogHandler.handleNotification(DomainLogHandler.java:308)
      at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.sendNotification(MBeanProxy.java:764)
      at weblogic.management.internal.BaseNotificationListenerImpl.handleNotification(BaseNotificationListenerImpl.java:71)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerNotificationListener.handleNotification(MBeanServerNotificationListener.java:48)
      at javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.sendNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:142)
      at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.sendNotification(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:742)
      at weblogic.management.logging.LogBroadcaster.log(LogBroadcaster.java:223)
      at weblogic.management.logging.LogBroadcaster.log(LogBroadcaster.java:187)
      at weblogic.logging.LogManager.log(LogManager.java:144)
      at weblogic.logging.LogOutputStream.error(LogOutputStream.java:63)
      at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:142)
      at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)
        • 1. RE: AuditProvider breaks admin consol
          The Audit provider in 6.0 has a bug in it. it is fixed in service pack 2. Go to the download site and get 6.0sp2.
          • 2. RE: AuditProvider breaks admin consol

I am using 6.0sp2 as noted in my first post.

Shannon Forte <shannonforte@yahoo.com> wrote:
            The Audit provider in 6.0 has a bug in it. it is fixed in service pack
            2. Go to the download site and get 6.0sp2.
            • 3. Re: AuditProvider breaks admin consol
              Search this newsgroup for previous postings about problems with
              AuditProvider. In previous versions there was one bug that caused an
              infinite recursion. This looks different though. What you can do is to try
              using a pre-SP2 version of the class.
              "Dennis Brennan" <dbrennan@alliance-consulting.com> wrote in message
              news:3b3b166b@newsgroups.bea.com...
              >
              I am using 6.0sp2 as noted in my first post.

Shannon Forte <shannonforte@yahoo.com> wrote:
              The Audit provider in 6.0 has a bug in it. it is fixed in service pack
              2. Go to the download site and get 6.0sp2.
              • 4. Re: AuditProvider breaks admin consol
                Does the AuditProvider that you are using use logging? From the stack trace it looks as though there may be a problem in the logging. You could try spitting the output to something other than the logger
                to see if that works.

Paul

On 27 Jun 2001 14:32:18 -0800, "Dennis Brennan" <dbrennan@alliance-consulting.com> wrote:
                >
                Hi,

I'm having problems with the AuditProvider in 6.0 sp2. My server starts fine
                and I see the audit messages in the log. When I try to access the admin console
                with the AuditProvider installed I get the exception below. This happens with
                both the sample LogAuditProvider and the one I have implemented.

Has anyone seen this?

javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: RuntimeException thrown by the getAttribute
                method of the DynamicMBean for the attribute FileTimeSpan
                at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1183)
                at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1151)
                at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.getAttribute(MBeanProxy.java:223)
                at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:156)
                at $Proxy3.getFileTimeSpan(Unknown Source)
                at weblogic.logging.FileStreamLogger.log(FileStreamLogger.java:169)
                at weblogic.management.logging.DomainLogHandler.handleNotification(DomainLogHandler.java:308)
                at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.sendNotification(MBeanProxy.java:764)
                at weblogic.management.internal.BaseNotificationListenerImpl.handleNotification(BaseNotificationListenerImpl.java:71)
                at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerNotificationListener.handleNotification(MBeanServerNotificationListener.java:48)
                at javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.sendNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:142)
                at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.sendNotification(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:742)
                at weblogic.management.logging.LogBroadcaster.log(LogBroadcaster.java:223)
                at weblogic.management.logging.LogBroadcaster.log(LogBroadcaster.java:187)
                at weblogic.logging.LogManager.log(LogManager.java:144)
                at weblogic.logging.LogOutputStream.error(LogOutputStream.java:63)
                at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:142)
                at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)