1 2 3 Назад Вперед 37 Ответы Последний ответ: 24.06.2008 9:06, автор: 666705 Перейти к первоначальной записи
      • 30. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
        Would it be possible for you to share the EJB jar
        that you are having
        the problem with with BEA so that we can investigate?
        You can send the
        jar to me privately at "kosta_at_bea.com".

- Konstantin
        Should I open a case for this? We do have support arrangement with BEA.
        • 31. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
          Support for WLS Tools works a bit differently than other BEA products.
          If you don't mind opening a bug report yourself, the system to use for
          reporting problems with WLS Tools is http://bugzilla.bea.com

- Konstantin
          • 32. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
            Acutally, the development license is non-expiring. Workshop uses the same license as WebLogic Server. We're in process of getting the content corrected on the downloads page, our apologies for any confusion.

"When you install your software, a non-expiring development license file (license.bea) is installed on your system. By default, your software uses the development license installed with the product so that you can start using it immediately. Subsequently, when you install additional BEA products that include a license.bea file, the installation program automatically adds the new product licenses to the license.bea file. "

http://e-docs.bea.com/common/docs100/install/license.html
            • 33. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
              Hi,

I have recently downloaded and tried using WST for Eclipse 3.3 to setup a development/debugging environment on Eclipse utilizing Weblogic 8.1.

My question is, is there a way to deploy EJB jars that are referenced within the EAR Project via WST without actually creating EJB projects? I tried doing this and I get an error since it seems that WST is creating the EJB jar folder in the workspace/.metadata/.../temp and is just placing the entire EJB jar (referenced from the EAR Project)inside the folder w/out extracting the contents. When it then tries to run the ant build script to deploy the application, it cannot find the ejb-jar.xml file on the root of the EJB temp folder. If I manually extract each of the EJB jar contents onto the temp EJB jar folders then the ant build script is successful in deploying the EJBs and the entire EAR.

My motivation for not creating an EJB project and just use the EJB jar is that the developers who will be developing the application need not modify anything on the EJBs, so they don't need to see it as well on their workspace.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
              • 34. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
                Andy,

This sounds like a bug. Could you open a bug report at
                http://bugzilla.bea.com?

Thanks,

- Konstantin
                • 35. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
                  Andy,

We went ahead and opened a bug to track this issue. I encourage you to
                  add yourself to the CC list on this bug so that you can get updated on
                  the progress for the fix.

http://bugzilla.bea.com/show_bug.cgi?id=148

The initial investigation has shown that the scope of the fix is too big
                  for it to be included in the 1.1.1 release of WebLogic Server Tools,
                  which is set to ship November 30th. The next planned release (1.1.2) is
                  tentatively scheduled for mid January and we will aim to resolve this
                  issue in that release.

In the meantime, I am afraid that importing the EJB jar as a project the
                  way you are doing it now is the only workaround that I am aware of.

Thanks,

Konstantin Komissarchik
                  BEA WebLogic Server Tools Team
                  • 36. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
                    Konstantin,

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and created the EJB projects for now. I just filtered out the projects from the project explorer so these would be hidden from view.

Thanks again,
                    Andy
                    • 37. Re: BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
                      Is it possible to deploy to a managed server and not always to AdminServer ?

Regards

Gerald Reinhart

--
                      Edited by greinhart at 06/24/2008 2:06 AM
                      1 2 3 Назад Вперед