13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2007 8:51 PM by 666705

Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object

:-(I am trying to do something in theory is very simple, but I keep getting tis error.

All I want to do is make a page flow that
      1) first gives the users a input form
      2) the user submits the input form to a processInputAction
      3) go a result page and display the input.

SO to do this I follwed these steps in Workshop 10.1 for weblogic.

1) Create a new dynamicWebProject -with a EAR
      2) In the java defalt package I created a new simple bean class ( contains a single string value - searchValue )
      3) Opened the index.jsp page step 1 created.
      4) from the workshop pallett draged a netui:form to the index.jsp body
      5) The form wizard pops up and I select create a new Basic action using the bean in step 2 ( called processInput ) and forward to a unspecified target.
      6) The wiard create the input form on the jsp page with a button submitting the form to my new Forward action processInput.
      7) In page flow explorer right click on page, create a new jsp page called "results.jsp"
      8) target the forward of the processInput action to the new page "results.jsp"
      9) In my inputAction I enterd a system.out line displaying the searchValue from the form bean
      10) On the results.jsp put in a "search AGain" button and forwards back to index,jsp

So my page FLow overview now displays a nice tight little cricle: <==>results.jsp<==>begin<==>index.jsp<=processInput<==>

When I run it from the page flow exploere, the app deploys and runs.

The index.jsp page displays but I get a popup error with the error message "Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object"

If I ignore the messgae (click no to debug option from IE ) the dorm submits to my processAction method and my system.out.println statment does echo back the value i entered in the input form.

If I click my "Search again" button, the index.jsp page is served up again, with the same error again as well.

I don;t know how to get rid of that error popup!
        • 1. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
          Hi

Do you have any java script in the page? If so, what java script code do you have?

The error looks like a java script error.

Vimala-
          • 2. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
            I don't think so - at least I did put any in, although I am not 100% certain what is going on behiond the seans - for the mosr part this code is all auto generated by the workshop IDE - the only handwritten code I made was the simple one string element form bean for use in the project.
            • 3. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
              The MS debugger (which pop's up withthe error msg) Identifies the error occuring in the IDE built Controller.jpf file.
              Specficcly the last line in the below segment:
              (note I had to subsitute the '{' fo the '<' symbol or your editor eats the content...)

{script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript"}
              {!--

// **** Start the NetUI Framework Generated JavaScript ****

// Build the netui_tagIdNameMap table to map the tagId attributes
              // to the real name written into the HTML
              if (netui_tagIdNameMap == null)
              var netui_tagIdNameMap = new Object();
              netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm.searchValue="{actionForm.searchValue}"
              • 4. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                Hi Paul,

I ran a test with the app you sent me and I did not receive the error

display from the server console

SearchCriteriaBean constructor was hit...
                Method processInput starts...
                form.getSearchValue() =>test<=
                Method processInput starts...
                form.getSearchValue() =>test2<=

when you created a domain did option did you select ?

Workshop for WebLogic Platform
                or
                Workshop for WebLogic 10.1 ?

Can you retry with the Workshop 10.1 domain ?

regarding the steps I followed to repro the issue

save the zip to a temp location
                create a new workspace
                select import existing project and point to the zip file
                create a new server and point to a workshop 10.1 domain
                run controller.java

I also verified by accessing http://localhost:7001/DataVal in an external browser and noticed the same behavior

hope this helps.

cheers
                Raj
                • 5. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                  Raj said:
                  Workshop for WebLogic Platform
                  or
                  Workshop for WebLogic 10.1 ?

Can you retry with the Workshop 10.1 domain ?

regarding the steps I followed to repro the issue

save the zip to a temp location
                  create a new workspace
                  select import existing project and point to the zip file
                  create a new server and point to a workshop 10.1 > domain
                  run controller.java

I also verified by accessing http://localhost:7001/DataVal in an external browser and > noticed the same behavior&
                  I unziped the same file you used and imported it into a new workspace. When I run it I target "Workshop for WebLogic 10.0" - my build does not have a "Workshop for WebLogic 10.1" option.

:-(When I launch it in the Wrokshops internal browser I still get the javascript error.

:-)If I launch it in my IE7 External browser - it runs fine wthout the error.

If I launch agan in the internal browser it gets the error again...could be something corupted is catched in the the internal browser? How do we reset the internal browser - clears it cache and session and cookies?? (I have already done several workshop restarts and even laptop reboots)
                  • 6. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                    Hi Paul,

I was referring to the creation of the domain. This is different from the server runtime type.

You need to select "BEA WebLogic Server v10.0" from the Server runtime window and when you click next, it will prompt you to point to a domain. At that point, click the link which provides you an option to create a new domain and create a workshop 10.1 domain.

the following doc provides additional info on this process

http://e-docs.bea.com/wlw/docs101/guide/ideuserguide/servers/conWorkshopEnablingDomain.html

hope this helps.

cheers
                    Raj

--
                    Edited by akraj at 09/26/2007 11:05 AM
                    • 7. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                      I was fairly sure my environment was already set up as you described, but I went ahead and set up a new server and new domain as you described.

It didn't make a diffrence - the error is still there.
                      • 8. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                        This is still a unresolved issue that does not seam related to my code nor how I set up my WL server.

I think the key to the issue resolves around the fact that the first page the app hits is built around a form bean class, but the form bean is null when the page first gets created ( of course it is - it is a input form bean )

Since this is a java script error created by some back end workshop code - I don't know how to fix it or even know where to start looking - the source that generates this code is not in my project...
                        • 9. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                          Hi

I tried the steps you described and I can see it working. I see that the form bean values get printed and Search Again link takes back to begin.

I believe the issue could be a combination of your environment and workshop, since it works for me as well as Raj.

Could you please open a BEA support case at http://bea.support.com? The support engineer can webex and check your workshop environment and also would be able to run and see the failure. That should give us some clue on why the issue is happening and how to fix it.

Please post teh case number once you have created so we can track it.

Thanks,
                          Vimala-
                          • 11. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                            Just a update for people who may be following this thread - I have had several communications with BEA support reps who are passing info to their developers

- so far no fix or workaround has been identified.:_|

It does appear though that the error does not occur in firefox - just i.e. and the integral workshop browser - other browsers have not been tested ( by me) .
                            • 12. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                              Hi, I have noticed that you get this error when you name your tagId for an element to something like "actionForm.name", remove the actionForm prefix from tagId and the javascript error should disappear.
                              • 13. Re: Error: 'netui_tagIdNameMap.actionForm' is null or not an object
                                :-Exactly - the issue and bug is that the error isn't a result of coder input, but the tool itself which auto generates the bogus code.

BEA is aware of the issue, engineers can easily reproduce it, but it is a LOW priority fix.:|

No big deal if you are aware of the issue and know the work-around - could be a big stumbling block if it catches a developer 'unawares'.]:)