4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2007 7:30 AM by 666705

Problem Setting Up Cluster 9.2 MP1

Hi all, I'm creating a cluster in my home network to learn how to do it. I'm Using Weblogic Server 9.2 MP1 Everything is fine up until the point where I start the managed servers. When I run a Managed server with the command StartManagedWeblogic, after the password prompt, I get the following exception:

<5/06/2007 12:27:03 PM COT> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000215> <Loaded License
      : C:\Bea\license.bea>
      <5/06/2007 12:27:03 PM COT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state
      changed to STARTING>
      <5/06/2007 12:27:03 PM COT> <Info> <WorkManager> <BEA-002900> <Initializing self
      -tuning thread pool>
      <5/06/2007 12:27:03 PM COT> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170019> <The server l
      og file C:\Bea\user_projects\domains\cluster_domain\servers\PManagedServer\logs\
      PManagedServer.log is opened. All server side log events will be written to this
      file.>
      <5/06/2007 12:27:12 PM COT> <Error> <Security> <BEA-090870> <The realm "myrealm"
      failed to be loaded: weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceException: com.be
      a.common.engine.ServiceInitializationException: weblogic.security.spi.ProviderIn
      itializationException: [Security:090730]Failed to verify credential mapper LDAP
      hierarchy
      netscape.ldap.LDAPException: failed to connect to server ldap://192.168.1.101:70
      01 (91)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.connectServer(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:51
      5)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.openSerial(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:435)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.connect(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:274)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.openConnection(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:1
      99)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnThread.connect(LDAPConnThread.java:109)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection.connect(LDAPConnection.java:1083)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection.connect(LDAPConnection.java:954)
      at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection.connect(LDAPConnection.java:781)

the trace goes on and on until it reaches

<5/06/2007 12:27:12 PM COT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000362> <Server fai
      led. Reason:

There are 1 nested errors:

weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceRuntimeException: [Security:090399]Secu
      rity Services Unavailable
      at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.do
      BootAuthorization(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:898)
      at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.in
      itialize(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:1029)
      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityS
      erviceManager.java:854)
      at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

Can anyone help me out in figuring what I'm doing wrong? Just in case the Administration Server boots up fine...

Thanks guys,

Christian Plata
        • 1. Re: Problem Setting Up Cluster 9.2 MP1
          Sorry everyone, I figured out what I was doing wrong... It was in the configuration of the domain.

Regards to everyone,

Christian Plata
          • 2. Re: Problem Setting Up Cluster 9.2 MP1
            Hi

I have the same problem at the moment. Any chance you could write what you did ??
            • 3. Re: Problem Setting Up Cluster 9.2 MP1
              You could also open up a support ticket as well. If you do post the number,
              then we can add this to the workshop Wiki.

http://dev2dev.bea.com/wiki/bin/view/ProdTech/Workshop

Henrik Skovhus Poulsen wrote:
              Hi

I have the same problem at the moment. Any chance you could write what you did ??
              • 4. Re: Problem Setting Up Cluster 9.2 MP1
                Okay After some input from BEA I figured out what the problem was.

You do not have to create a domain on the remote server. You just have to connect to the AdminServer and retrieve the ManagedServer Information

It will attach a description of how to do this.
                But if you in your NodeManager used Script Based domain start. You also need to copy the bin folder from the admin server after doing the following:

Steps To start the Managed server Remotely in WLS 9.2:
                ......................................................................................

Requirements:

-Physical Machine A ?where the Admin server is running

-Physical Machine B- where we are going to start the Managed server.

Steps that needs to be followed at Machine B(remote machine):
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we have to register this machine(Machine B) with the machine where the Admin server is running(Machine A)

To register do the following steps:

-Go to weblogic92\server\bin
                -Run the Command:

D:\bea92\weblogic92\server\bin>setwlsenv

CLASSPATH=D:\bea92\patch_weblogic920\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\web

logic_patch.jar;D:\bea92\JROCKI~1\lib\tools.jar;D:\bea92\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\web

logic_sp.jar;D:\bea92\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic.jar;D:\bea92\WEBLOG~1\server\

lib\webservices.jar;

PATH=D:\bea92\patch_weblogic920\profiles\default\native;D:\bea92\WEBLOG~1\server

\native\win\32;D:\bea92\WEBLOG~1\server\bin;D:\bea92\JROCKI~1\jre\bin;D:\bea92\J

ROCKI~1\bin;E:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program

Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\ClarifyCRM12.5\Configurator\Common Files\CCAutoma

tion;C:\ClarifyCRM12.5\ClarifyClient;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\PROGRA~1\ATT\Graphvi

z\bin;C:\SunJDK\bin;D:\bea92\WEBLOG~1\server\native\win\32\oci920_8

Your environment has been set.

-Start the WLST at the remote Machine to run nmEnroll

D:\bea92\weblogic92\server\bin>java weblogic.WLST

Initializing WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) ...

Welcome to WebLogic Server Administration Scripting Shell

Type help() for help on available commands

-wls:/offline> connect()

Note:Give the user name and password for the Admin server which located on Machine A:

Please enter your username [weblogic] :weblogic
                Please enter your password [weblogic] :
                Please enter your server URL [t3://localhost:7001] :t3://10.128.23.111:7001
                Connecting to t3://10.128.23.111:7001 with userid weblogic ...
                Successfully connected to Admin Server 'AdminServer' that belongs to domain 'Nod
                emanager_domain'.

Warning: An insecure protocol was used to connect to theserver. To ensure on-the-wire security, the SSL port or Admin port should be used instead.

-Run The nmEnroll Command:

wls:/Nodemanager_domain/serverConfig> nmEnroll(r'C:\bea9.2\weblogic92\common\nodemanager')

Note: The NodeManager path is the path where the NodeManager is residing on the remotemachine.

Enrolling this machine with the domain directory at C:\bea9.2\weblogic92\common\nodemanager ...

Successfully enrolled this machine with the domain directory at C:\bea9.2\weblogic92\common\nodemanager.

wls:/Nodemanager_domain/serverConfig>

-Done. Now start the Nodemanager for the remote machine.

Steps that needs to be followed at Machine A:
                ---------------------------------------------------

-Start the weblogic server

-Open the Weblogic Console http://localhost:7001/console

-Create a Machine in the console.

(Environments?Mahine)

-Click on Node manager

-Listen Addresss : Give the IP address of remote machine

-Save and click on Monitoring.

-It will show status :Reachable.

-Create a managed server, give the Listen address of the Remote Machine and Save.

- Now click on Admin server--> Configuration--> SSL--> Advanced--> (Now click on "Lock And Edit")--> Change the "HostNameVerification"=None and "Activate Changes"
                - Repeat the same for all the Managed servers as well.

-Save and restart the Admin server.

-Once the Admin server is up, click on the Machine and check "Monitoring" and chek whether it is reachable.

- now click on Remote Managed server.

-Click on Control-> Start the managed server.