8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2006 3:19 PM by 666705

Running WLI process in cluster environment.

Hello
      I'm working on WLI process.
      It works on single weblogic.
      In clustered environment (one admin server and two managed servers in cluster) I can not access the process.
      I've got following exception:
      <Oct 11, 2005 3:21:23 PM IST> <Error> <WLW> <000000> <Failed loading disp class "processes.process". Exception
      java.lang.RuntimeException: frontEndHost is not configured for the cluster and hostname is not set in wlw-config or wlw-
      runtime-config
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.util.Util.getCallbackHttpUrl(Util.java:845)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.ServiceHandleImpl.getCallbackURL(ServiceHandleImpl.java:379)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.jws.dispatcher.JwsDispClass.<init>(JwsDispClass.java:170)
      at com.bea.wli.bpm.runtime.JpdDispClass.<init>(JpdDispClass.java:41)
      at com.bea.wli.bpm.runtime.JpdDispFile.createPrimaryDispClass(JpdDispFile.java:367)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.DispFile.<init>(DispFile.java:154)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.jws.dispatcher.JwsDispFile.<init>(JwsDispFile.java:44)
      at com.bea.wli.bpm.runtime.JpdDispFile.<init>(JpdDispFile.java:103)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.DispUnit.loadDispFile(DispUnit.java:219)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.DispUnit.<init>(DispUnit.java:153)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.DispCache.ensureDispUnit(DispCache.java:578)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.HttpServerHelper.getDispUnit(HttpServerHelper.java:501)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.HttpServerHelper.executeGetRequest(HttpServerHelper.java:541)
      at com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.dispatcher.HttpServer.doGet(HttpServer.java:81)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1006)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:419)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:315)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6718)
      at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3764)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2644)
      at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
      at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
      >

Please help me configuring the process to run in cluster environment.
      Thanks a lot.
      Victor.
        • 1. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
          Hi

what do you mean exactly when you say "can not access the process"?

I got this message myself in a production cluster environment. The process continues to work though.

as far as I can recall, we ignored the exception as advice from BEA.

try downloading the latest patches which could fix it.

-Mo
          • 2. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
            You need to specify the value of HTTP frontEndHost and Port for the cluster. Go to WLS console->Clusters->yourCluster->Protocols.
            • 3. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
              Hello
              thanks for the answers.

But if I have a number of weblogics in my cluster (at lease two), which host and port should I specify in HTTP frontEndHost and Port?
              Should it be the load balancer host and port?

Victor.
              • 4. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
                You need to specify the one that will be used by users in their browser when they connect to your application:

- It can be a web server that forwards the requests to your weblogic servers.

- If you don't have a web server, you must setup a common DNS lookup for the managed servers, and, use that DNS lookup as your front end host.

Devesh
                • 5. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
                  Thanks again for the answers.
                  I have another question.

I have cluster environment with two managed servers.
                  I want to deploy the WLI process in all cluster servers.
                  I generate EAR file with workshop, then open wlw-manifest.xml, as documentation states.
                  There's con:async-request-queue JNDI name.
                  The documentation says:
                  create a pair of corresponding JMS queues on the production server.
                  I'm going to the weblogic console
                  Services-->JMS-->Servers-->
                  I have two servers: cgJMSServer_auto_1 and cgJMSServer_auto_2.
                  The first one is targeted to first managed server and second to the second.
                  I create JMS queues in the first one with the JNDI name from the wlw-manifest.xml.
                  I can not create them in the second JMS server, because the JNDI name already taken.
                  And I can not run the WLI process in the second managed server because there's no JMS queue defined there.

So how can I run WLI process in cluster environment with two managed servers?

Thanks a lot.
                  Victor.
                  • 6. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
                    Hi

Create a distributed destination by the JNDI Name as you talked about and autodeploy to the two jms servers will resolve your problem.

Also regarding the frontend host, instead of configuring it for the entire cluster , use the wlw-runtime-config.xml in your domian to create an entry for your process uri and protocol.
                    • 7. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
                      You can easly configure two queues for different JMS servers with the same
                      name. Just set their JNDI name not replicated in the cluster:
                      JNDINameReplicated="false".

Denis.

<Victor Trakhtenberg> wrote in message news:600014455@newsgroups.bea.com...
                      Thanks again for the answers.
                      I have another question.

I have cluster environment with two managed servers.
                      I want to deploy the WLI process in all cluster servers.
                      I generate EAR file with workshop, then open wlw-manifest.xml, as
                      documentation states.
                      There's con:async-request-queue JNDI name.
                      The documentation says:
                      create a pair of corresponding JMS queues on the production server.
                      I'm going to the weblogic console
                      Services-->JMS-->Servers-->
                      I have two servers: cgJMSServer_auto_1 and cgJMSServer_auto_2.
                      The first one is targeted to first managed server and second to the
                      second.
                      I create JMS queues in the first one with the JNDI name from the
                      wlw-manifest.xml.
                      I can not create them in the second JMS server, because the JNDI name
                      already taken.
                      And I can not run the WLI process in the second managed server because
                      there's no JMS queue defined there.

So how can I run WLI process in cluster environment with two managed
                      servers?

Thanks a lot.
                      Victor.
                      • 8. Re: Running WLI process in cluster environment.
                        Seems your frotend host is not configured in the console.

This can be resolved in many was

1) Go to console and expand the cluster and click on the cluster name and select protocols tab and enter the value of the fron end host and port number. Because the web service looks for the fron end host name and the port number.
                        Once you are done restart the admin admin managed servers.

2) The other way is crete wlw_runtime-config.xml file and put all the wli configurations in it and load the file in the server domain root folder.

Then restart the Admin server.

The server initially looks for the configurations from this file and loads it.

Good luck,

Thanks,
                        -Rajesh