1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2008 8:13 PM by 666705

ALI API Service Failure - Database Related

Hello all,

I've got ALUI basically up and running except for the fact that I can't seem to get the ALI API service up and running. When, from the configuration manager, i tell it to start, it takes me to the log and looks like everything's fine for about 30 seconds, but then if i refresh the page, the "stop" button is grayed out and the "start" button is available again. A look at the ptspy gives me a huge list of errors about how it's failed to connect to the MSSQL database, the first of which reads as follows:

0     6-17-2008     20:21:09.172     Error     OpenKernel.Database     automation.myserver.mydomain.com.root     AutomationServerMain     com.plumtree.openkernel.impl.db.DatabaseService     Exception acquiring database connection
      java.sql.SQLException: [plumtree][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Login has timed out.
           at com.plumtree.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
           at com.plumtree.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
           at com.plumtree.jdbc.base.BaseConnectionStartup.<init>(Unknown Source)
           at com.plumtree.jdbc.base.BaseConnection$1.run(Unknown Source)
           at com.plumtree.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.setupImplConnection(Unknown Source)
           at com.plumtree.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)
           at com.plumtree.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.driver.StandardPoolDriver.getConnection(StandardPoolDriver.java:91)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.driver.DataDirectPoolDriver.getConnection(DataDirectPoolDriver.java:35)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.driver.PoolDriverManager.getConnection(PoolDriverManager.java:392)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.pool.StandardPool.getSourceConnection(StandardPool.java:402)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.pool.StandardPool.create(StandardPool.java:384)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.pool.StandardPool.getConnection(StandardPool.java:298)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.pool.StandardPool.getConnection(StandardPool.java:209)
           at com.plumtree.connectionpool.pool.PoolManager.getConnection(PoolManager.java:499)
           at com.plumtree.openkernel.impl.db.DatabaseService.GetDSConnection(DatabaseService.java:235)
           at com.plumtree.openkernel.impl.db.DatabaseService.GetConnection(DatabaseService.java:181)
           at com.plumtree.openkernel.impl.db.DatabaseService.GetConnection(DatabaseService.java:165)
           at com.plumtree.openkernel.impl.db.DBCursor.DoQuery(DBCursor.java:399)
           at com.plumtree.openkernel.impl.db.DBCursor.Open(DBCursor.java:71)
           at com.plumtree.server.impl.jobs.PTScheduler.QueryServerSchedule(PTScheduler.java:87)
           at com.plumtree.automationserver.server.PTAutomationServer.CheckForJobs(PTAutomationServer.java:348)
           at com.plumtree.automationserver.server.PTAutomationServer.run(PTAutomationServer.java:516)
           at com.plumtree.automationserver.server.PTAutomationServer.main(PTAutomationServer.java:715)
           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
           at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
           at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:240)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      <ptLogMsgEnd>

This makes no sense to me, as the portal's up and running and it can access the DB just fine using the same settings as the ALI API service has for its database connection.

Additionally, I should note that I'm running ALUI 6.5 on a RedHat ES5 machine, and I have to portal deployed into a WebLogic SipServer 3.1.0 domain. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
      Ian