4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2008 2:06 PM by 668880 RSS

Field Service - Assignment and Scheduling

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to assign and schedule field service tasks.

1.) I need to assign tasks bases on territory (customer in zip code calls and should automatically get one of the reps in that zip code in the asignee LOV). Can I use assignment manager for this?

2.) Schedule tasks: Once I assign a task from step above, I need to schedule it based on calendar availability. Can I use Scheduler for this?

Field service guide says - *" Task assignment in Oracle Field Service is assisted by the Schedule Task window.Advanced Scheduler functionality is used for enhanced task scheduling, either in interactive or automatic mode. Advanced scheduling is based on decision factors such as required skills, service territory etc" *

Do I use advanced scheduler or assigment manager for scheduling? I'm confused.

Alex

Edited by: user10541583 on Nov 8, 2008 8:05 PM
        • 1. Re: Field Service - Assignment and Scheduling
          Yes and Yes. Assignment Manager does the job well.

Thanks
          Nagamohan
          • 2. Re: Field Service - Assignment and Scheduling
            Hi Nagamohan,

I created 2 territories with zip code 11001 and 11002 and assigned it to 2 different resources - A and B. The idea is that resource A will service all customer in 11001 zip code and resource B in 11002.

But, when I create a SR and assign a task (with DISPATCH rule) to the SR and click on assign - I can't see the approporiate resource. What am I missing here.

Alex,
            • 3. Re: Field Service - Assignment and Scheduling
              What is the difference b/w assignment and scheduling. User guide says you will see an "schedule task" option next to asignee field - while I only see "assignment manager" field.

When a customer calls - i create SR - link it to a task and then assign it based on territory qualifiers. What does dispatch center do?

If the task was already assigned, given a planned start/end date - what does dispatch center do?

Alex
              • 4. Re: Field Service - Assignment and Scheduling
                What is the difference b/w assignment and scheduling. User guide says you will see an "schedule task" option next to asignee field - while I only see "assignment manager" field.

When a customer calls - i create SR - link it to a task and then assign it based on territory qualifiers. What does dispatch center do?

If the task was already assigned, given a planned start/end date - what does dispatch center do?

Alex