2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2008 10:19 PM by 248575

Privileges to grant for SEM_APIS.CREATE_RDF_MODEL(...)

Hi Semanticists (?),

I have successfully created a semantic "model" after a lot of reading, trial, and error. One of the "hacks" that I resorted to is one I would like to improve - I had to grant DBA to the schema owner where the table with SDORDF_TRIPLE_S column was created. This is not acceptable for this user/owner to have DBA priv's, so I would like to know exactly what privileges the user/owner really needs to successfully execute SEM_APIS.CREATE_RDF_MODEL(...)

Overview of steps:
      1) Upgraded 11g using the jenadrv_patch111rdf.zip patch set by following the instructions.
      2) The instructions left off at the point where a semantic network had been successfully created - sem_apis.create_sem_network('SEM_TS');
      3) I then created a table in the "TESTER" schema which has basic CREATE TABLE kinds of privileges:
      create table my_rdf_table
      ( id number,
      triple SDO_RDF_TRIPLE_S,
      primary key(id)
      );
      4) Logged in as TESTER:
      exec SEM_APIS.CREATE_RDF_MODEL('my_rdf_model', 'my_rdf_table', 'triple', 'sem_ts');

ORA-13199: Tablespace "SEM_TS" does not exist
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MD", line 1723
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MDERR", line 17
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF", line 923
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.RDF_APIS", line 714
      ORA-06512: at line 5
      13199. 00000 - "%s"
      *Cause:    This is an internal error.
      *Action:   Contact Oracle Support Services.

5) ALTER USER "TESTER" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "SEM_TS";

6) exec SEM_APIS.CREATE_RDF_MODEL('my_rdf_model', 'my_rdf_table', 'triple', 'sem_ts');

ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace ''
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF", line 932
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.RDF_APIS", line 714
      ORA-06512: at line 5
      01950. 00000 - "no privileges on tablespace '%s'"
      *Cause:    User does not have privileges to allocate an extent in the
      specified tablespace.
      *Action:   Grant the user the appropriate system privileges or grant the user
      space resource on the tablespace.

7) GRANT "DBA" TO "TESTER"
      ALTER USER "TESTER" DEFAULT ROLE ALL

8) exec SEM_APIS.CREATE_RDF_MODEL('my_rdf_model', 'my_rdf_table', 'triple', 'sem_ts');

DONE, worked.

What privileges do I need to grant to TESTER (other than DBA) so the #8 command will have only the privileges needed?

Thank you