6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 11:56 AM by 657263

Essbase adaptor for FDM 9.3.1

Hi Frnds,

I need to use essbase target adaptor for FDM 9.3.1. we have .xml file but esbapin.dll file was missing. So please tell me from where we will get this file.
      Also we need to pick data from essbase and put it into HFM using FDQM .Are there any souce adapters available for picking data from essbase.

thanks
      vikram
        • 1. Re: Essbase adaptor for FDM 9.3.1
          Do you have the Essbase client installed on the FDM server?
          The esbapin.dll doesn’t come with the adapter, it is part off the Essbase client…

There is no (official) Essbase source adapter. Easiest way is to create a report script in Essbase. Use the API functions from the Essbase target adapter to execute the report script and then load the created file to FDM.

Rgds,
          M.
          • 2. Re: Essbase adaptor for FDM 9.3.1
            hi,

thnks a lot 4 ur reply...

but in our architecture we have our FDM and Essbase sever on different machine.and we don't have essbase client installed on FDM server.Please suggest do we need to install essbase client or it can be done without it??? bcoz when we are working on control table and go to target per column of periods table it displays the error that no esbapin.dll file found.
            plz suggets

thanks
            • 3. Re: Essbase adaptor for FDM 9.3.1
              Hi,

As far as I know, the only way is installing the Essbase Client on the FDM server…

Rgds,
              Maarten.
              • 4. Re: Essbase adaptor for FDM 9.3.1
                JohnGoodwin
                Hi,

You can download the essbase adaptor from edelivery.oracle.com
                If you download "Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management 9.3.1 EPM Adapter Suite" it contains fdm_es9x-g4-a_es_adapter.zip
                Information on setting up the adaptor can be found in the installation guide http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10530_01/doc/epm.931/fdm_installation.pdf
                under the section "Configuring Adaptors".
                You will also need to install the essbase client.

Cheers

John
                http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
                • 5. Re: Essbase adaptor for FDM 9.3.1
                  I have essbase client installed but still I am getting esbapin.dll error. Searched for the .dll file on server and it there under :\hyperion\analyticsServices\bin. Am i missing any config steps . Please let me know?
                  • 6. Re: Essbase adaptor for FDM 9.3.1
                    Hello,

Please ensure that the Essbase RTC w/ API is installed and that the server is rebooted.
                    The key thing that most people miss is a reboot of the server.

Thank you,