14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2008 7:36 AM by 609456 RSS

ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD

Hi,
      i am on 11.5.10.2 RHEL 4.0
      i tried running catalog.log on DB Tier as sys, but was not successful.

later sqlplus apps/apps would start giving
      ORA-00604 : error occured at recursive SQL level 1

$sqlplus /nolog works fine... BUT
      $sqlplus conn /as sysdba HANGS!!!!

Also logging via URL > after clicking on E-Business Home Page gives

Internal Server Error
      The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
      Please contact the server administrator, changeOnOHSInstall and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

could anybody suggest on this error?

Thanking You
      Regards,
      SK
        • 1. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          ORA-00604 : error occured at recursive SQL level 1
          Please verify the status of this object (and other objects). Run utlrp.sql to compile all invalid objects in the database.

Also, make sure PLSQL_V2_COMPATIBLITY is not set to TRUE.

Note: 170282.1 - PLSQL_V2_COMPATIBLITY=TRUE causes STANDARD and DBMS_STANDARD to Error at Compile
          https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=170282.1
          Also logging via URL > after clicking on E-Business Home Page gives

Internal Server Error
          The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
          Please contact the server administrator, changeOnOHSInstall and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
          I would suggest you resolve the database issue first then check this error. (You may review Apache log file for more details about the error under $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/ Apache/Apache/logs).
          • 2. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
            Thanks for your quick reply

status of the object: INVALID

PLSQL_V2_COMPATIBLITY is set to FALSE

Run utlrp.sql to compile all invalid objects in the database
            it gave me error as follows:

SQL> @utlrp.sql
            declare
            ERROR at line 1
            ORA -00604 : error occured at recursive SQL level 1
            ORA - 04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD

CREATE TABLE utl_recomp_invalid (obj# number)
            ERROR at line 1

CREATE TABLE utl_recomp_sorted (obj# number, depth number)
            ERROR at line 1

CREATE TABLE utl_recomp_compiled(obj# number)
            ERROR at line 1

CREATE INDEX utl_recomp_comp_idx1 ON utl_recomp_compiled(obj#)
            ERROR at line 1

CREATE TABLE utl_recomp_backup_jobs (command varchar2(100), status varchar2(1000))
            ERROR at line 1

SELECT o.obj#, o.type#, o. owner# FROM obj# o

ERROR at line 2

Edited by: mirage on Dec 4, 2008 6:45 PM
            • 3. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              What is the error when you compile the package manually?
              i tried running catalog.log on DB Tier as sys, but was not successful.
              What is the error in the log file?
              • 4. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                hi,

i did not find any errors, the session in which i ran catalog.sql just got hanged for hours. Then i terminated the session.

I tried recompiling DBMS_STANDARD, but that session also hangs

Please advice

Regards,
                SK
                • 5. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  i did not find any errors, the session in which i ran catalog.sql just got hanged for hours. Then i terminated the session.
                  Did you run the script again after terminating the session? If not, please run it again and make sure it completes successfully, then compile the invalid objects using the utlrp.sql script. Trying to resolve invalid objects without completing the catalog.sql is not a good idea.
                  • 6. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                    i tried to running catalog.sql BUTgot errors

SQL>@catalog.sql
                    create or replace
                    ERROR at line 1

create or replace package dbms_standard is
                    ERROR at line 1

create or replace public synonym dbms_standard for sys.dbms_standard
                    ERROR at line 1

grant execute on dbms_standard to public
                    ERROR at line 1

CREATE TABLE registry$ (
                    ERROR at line 1

FROM regisrty$ r, user$ s, user$ i
                    ERROR at line 22:

CREATE OR REPLACE PUBLIC SYNONYM dba_registry FOR dba_registry
                    ERROR at line 1

Is there a possibility that the Data Dictionary got corrupt?
                    • 7. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      It could be. I would suggest you log a SR, or restore the database from a backup and run catalog.sql again.

By the way, are you following any Metalink note?
                      • 8. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                        By the way, are you following any Metalink note?

-- no i am not

i got couple of more days left to resolve this issue, will try
                        Thanks for the help.

Need to work this out from the base...
                        • 9. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          -- no i am not
                          From what version to what version you are upgrading?

What is the status of the database components in the dba_registry view?
                          • 10. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                            hsawwan,

the scenario here is that running catalog.sql was a mistake done by one of our newbie DBA
                            in process recovering it back to normal.

will recreating the the package DBMS_STANDARD would be of any help?
                            could you help me getting the script?

i tried
                            SELECT text FROM user_source WHERE name ='OBJECTNAME' AND test like '%Header%';
                            but got confused...

Regards,
                            SK
                            • 11. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              Is this the only invalid object you have?

I believe it is better you restore the database from a valid backup rather than trying to fix the invalid objects.
                              • 12. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                utlirp.sql script recompiles existing PL/SQL modules and reloads package STANDARD and DBMS_STANDARD.

Note: 272322.1 - Difference between UTLRP.SQL - UTLIRP.SQL - UTLIP.SQL?
                                https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=272322.1
                                • 13. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                                  Select count(*) from dba_objects where status='INVALID';
                                  gives around 31272 odd invalid objects.

yes, restoring the database should work out BUT i'm trying to find a fix for this problem.

i'll try with utlirp.sql ; thats one remaining hoep it works out !!! wil inform you

Thanks
                                  SK
                                  • 14. Re: ORA-04045 : errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_STANDARD
                                    tried running utlirp.sql

it gave
                                    ORA - 04045 errors during recompilation/revalidation of
                                    SYS.CDC_CREATE_CTABLE_BEFORE
                                    ORA - 06553 : PLS - 213: package STANDARD not accessible

hard luck. lot to do for the week-end.

regards,
                                    SK