This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2008 4:22 PM by 551200 RSS

How to Call COntentDB Java API from BPEL Embedded Java activity

513038 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have a requirement to connect to ContentDB using Java API from my BPEL process. This is not a ContentDB workflow.

for this I have downloaded Oracle Content DB 10.2 Java Developer Kit (zip) from oracle website. The samples work from my Jdeveloper 10.1.3.3.0 version. I was able to create a simple BPEL process and do a simple operation. The BPEL compiles properly but while deploying it says Class path not found unable to compile the BPEL in server. In the BPEL project I have added the Libraries for classpath. I think the BPEL process manager is not able to find the ContentDB Libraries. While designing all the libraries are in c:\ocslib folder and included in Procect Libraries. I am stuck here and not sure how to get this running in BPEL.. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Aaron
  • 1. Re: How to Call ContentDB Java API from BPEL Embedded Java activity
    513038 Newbie
    Hello Matt.. or any one? please help..

this forums looks dead since nov3rd no reply to any of the queries.
  • 2. Re: How to Call ContentDB Java API from BPEL Embedded Java activity
    551200 Newbie
    HI, how are you.

i am trying this code, this is the closer i got to connect to oracle content DB. (See below)

First, add all libraries requried to a path...then add each of those JARS to the bpelclasspath in Manage BPEL Domain, in your BPEL Console, in your Domain of course.

Then, edit the Server.xml (in j2ee/home/config) and add the references to the JARs in oracle.bpel.common, see other examples in there.

Then you can try your code, and please, share your Java piece of code, i am trying the same, still i cant.

I am migrating a code from 10.1.2, which works perfect, but i cannot make it work in 10.1.3

Any clues, are welcome

try
    {                                            

addAuditTrailEntry("1","1");
    oracle.ifs.fdk.FdkCredential credential = new oracle.ifs.fdk.SimpleFdkCredential(
    "kofax","welcome1");

addAuditTrailEntry("credential",credential);

oracle.ifs.fdk.ManagersFactory session = null;

session = oracle.ifs.fdk.ManagersFactory.login(credential, "https://contentdev.nblenergy.com/content/ws");

addAuditTrailEntry("session",session);

}
    catch (oracle.ifs.fdk.FdkException t)
    {                                 
    addAuditTrailEntry("inside catch");
    addAuditTrailEntry(t);
    t.printStackTrace();
    t.getDetailedErrorCode();
    t.getErrorCode();
    }
  • 3. Re: How to Call COntentDB Java API from BPEL Embedded Java activity
    551200 Newbie
    hi, you can contact me anytime to share knowledge in this Oracle Content connection..i still couldnt make it work.

email: pablo_gallucci@yahoo.com.ar
    msn: pablo_gallucci@hotmail.com

i am trying to connect to an Oracle Content from BPEL 10.1.3....still fighting!

thanks!
    Pablo.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points