3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2011 8:44 AM by lef

iProcurement Category Customization

Hello,

I am in the Shop Tab looking for an article in the categories search, when I get to the articles I don't find the one I want so I have to click on the Non-Catalog Request link and the Non-Catalog Request page appears and I need to pass the category that I use in the prior search to appear as default in the new page.

What I have been thinking is on inserting the value of the category in a table and then send request for the Non-Catalog Request, Is there a way to insert the value when I press the Non-Catalog Request link and then open the Non-Catalog Request page.

Please let me know if I can do this and how to do it or may be orient me on how to.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: iProcurement Category Customization
          lef
          Up this thread !
          Also interested by this fonctionality on 11i platform.

If anyone have a solution....
          • 2. Re: iProcurement Category Customization
            S.PDASH
            Hi,
            Are you asking if you search a category/Item in SHOP tab of iprocurement and if you failed to find any hit, then this string should be used to search this category/Item in Non-Catalog request? If your answer is yes, then this feature is not there in Oracle..

You may prefer to copy the string which you searched under shop, and same can be used in non-catalog search than doing a customization of a java page.. :).. When you search under SHOP Tab system only pull that category/Item which is linked to a BPAs. In Non-Catalog request, you can use a CPA as reference...

Just let us know how this customization or using a custom table to store the search value will help you in searching in iprocurement.

Kind Regards,
            S.P DASH
            • 3. Re: iProcurement Category Customization
              lef
              "Are you asking if you search a category/Item in SHOP tab of iprocurement and if you failed to find any hit, then this string should be used to search this category/Item in Non-Catalog request? If your answer is yes, then this feature is not there in Oracle..
              "
              => No.

1- Suppose you are in hierarchy category
              2- When category is a child category, then system search in internal catalog
              3- Result is "Not found"
              4- You use link "Create non-catalog request"
              5- The template appear
              *6- Would like that the child category of step 2 appears on the non catalog request by default*