6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 3:48 PM by 687087

Error while reading files through FTP Adapter

Synthia-Oracle
      Hi,

I am using FTP Adpater to read files and archive in local folders.
      But i got the following errors when i deployed the process:

<2008-12-18 13:48:31,140> <INFO> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <File Adapter
      ::Inbound> Connection Created
      <2008-12-18 13:48:31,390> <ERROR> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <File Adapte
      r::Inbound> Unable to get Binary file '/MySharedFolders/abc/AAAA_TT_
      Trrrrplan Bireeee Baaaa? ??ketmmllri Ltd.?ti._4673651.pdf'; FTP command RETR returned unexpe
      cted reply code : 550
      <2008-12-18 13:48:44,156> <INFO> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <File Adapter
      ::Inbound> Managed Connection Created
      <2008-12-18 13:48:44,156> <INFO> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <File Adapter
      ::Inbound> Processer thread calling onFatalError with exception Error getting bi
      nary file from FTP Server.
      Unable to get binary file from server.
      Check the error stack and fix the cause of the error. Contact oracle support if
      error is not fixable.

<2008-12-18 13:48:44,156> <FATAL> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <AdapterFram
      ework::Inbound> [Get_ptt::Get(opaque)]Resource Adapter requested Process shutdow
      n!

Please help me out on this issue.

Thanks,
      Synthia
        • 1. Re: Error while reading files through FTP Adapter
          James Taylor-Oracle
          I think it could be an issue with the filename?

if you rename it to 4673651.pdf does it work?

Also what is the size of the file?

cheers
          James
          • 2. Re: Error while reading files through FTP Adapter
            Synthia-Oracle
            The file size is less than 100kb.
            It's not working working even after i rename the file.
            • 3. Re: Error while reading files through FTP Adapter

It seems that the folder name that u use is not understandable by the adapter itself.

'/MySharedFolders/abc/*AAAA_TT_*
              Trrrrplan Bireeee Baaaa? ??ketmmllri Ltd.?ti._4673651.pdf'
              Plz give a valid name to your folder say abc/xyz/4673651.pdf'

and try again.

Also do not forget to check with opaque schema

Cheers
              Soumya
              • 4. Re: Error while reading files through FTP Adapter
                James Taylor-Oracle
                Is it the same error when you rename the file?

Are you sure the directory path is correct, this includes case?

Also what version are you on if you are on 10.1.3.1 I suggest upgrade to 10.1.3.4.

cheers
                James
                • 5. Re: Error while reading files through FTP Adapter
                  Hi James,

We have upgraded to 10.1.3.4. but still we could not read the file. the problem is, it could not read the file names contains with UTF-8 characters.

error is below:

<2009-12-01 15:43:33,109> <INFO> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <FTP Adapter:
                  :Inbound> Managed Connection Created
                  <2009-12-01 15:43:33,109> <INFO> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <FTP Adapter:
                  :Inbound> Connection Created
                  <2009-12-01 15:43:38,406> <ERROR> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <FTP Adapter
                  ::Inbound> Unable to get Binary file '/MySharedFolders/Invoice History/EMEA_TR_B
                  imta?-Bo?aziτi Peysaz ?n?aat Mⁿ?avirlik Teknik Hizmetler A?aτ Sanayi ve Ticaret
                  Anonim ?irketi_44596501.pdf'; FTP command RETR returned unexpected reply code :
                  *550*
                  <2009-12-01 15:43:51,156> <INFO> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <FTP Adapter:
                  :Inbound> Processer thread calling onFatalError with exception Error getting bin
                  ary file from FTP Server.
                  Unable to get binary file from server.
                  Check the error stack and fix the cause of the error. Contact oracle support if
                  error is not fixable.

<2009-12-01 15:43:51,156> <FATAL> <default.collaxa.cube.activation> <AdapterFram
                  ework::Inbound> [Get_ptt::Get(opaque)]*Resource Adapter requested Process shutdow*
                  n!

Thanks you.
                  • 6. Re: Error while reading files through FTP Adapter
                    Hi,

Looking at the exception trace, the FTP server is returning a 550 reponse - which usually means "Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)." and coupled with the fact that you are facing this problem only when the file name has non ASCII characters, I suspect you would have to look at your FTP server and see it supports RFC 2640.
                    (for instance latest filezilla ftp server seems to support UTF-8 )

To further isolate the problem, try getting the same file using an FTP client from the BPEL box and see if that works. Another alternative is to use SFTP, because as per the [filezilla wiki link|http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Character_Set#UTF8_feature_negotiation], it might always support UTF-8 encoding.

Hope this helps,
                    Regards,
                    Shanmu.
                    http://www.prshanmu.com/articles/