2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2008 3:48 AM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

Automatically running a report while saving the receipt in Purchasing

Hii All,

I need your functional expertise here. My requirement is to run a custom report automatically while saving the receipt in Oracle Purchasing. I have done the same in Order management, but there was something called document set in which pick slip report was registered so i had to register my report in the same doc set. Is there anything similar in purchasing also? Is there any std report fired when we save the receipt, if it is then i can call my report from that std report.

Please give me your inputs.

Thanks,
      AS
        • 1. Re: Automatically running a report while saving the receipt in Purchasing
          OK.. Let me ask you the same question in different way. When we do receiving in Oracle Purchasing, the standard report "Receipt Traveler Report" will be automatically fired in the background displaying the data for receiving transaction. Can somebody suggest me, how have they linked this standard report with this instance of firing? i saw there is a profile option called "RCV: Print Receipt Traveler". If this is set to yes then the standard report will be fired in the background otherwise No. But my question is how system identifies that this is the report he needs to fire. i mean, there must be a place where we specifies the standard report's concurrent program name!!!

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Regards,
          AS
          • 2. Re: Automatically running a report while saving the receipt in Purchasing
            Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
            Create your new custom report.
            Create a new custom concurrent executable using sysadmin.
            Go to the concurrent program screen.
            Query "Receipt Traveler Report".
            Replace the seeded executable with the custom concurrent executable you created.
            1 person found this helpful