1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 4:00 AM by Josef Panerio RSS

How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found

Hi,
      Im new in ADF development and I have this problem, I have a error message: (oracle.jbo.JboException) JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: java.sql.SQLException, msg=ORA-01882: timezone region not found

I dont know how to fix it, please help me.

ale.
        • 1. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
          hofespet
          Hi,

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?objID=f83&q=ORA-01882

regards
          Peter
          • 2. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
            put "-Duser.timezone="+02:00" into java arguments of the project
            kquizak
            • 3. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
              I had same error and solved by this way
              =============================

1. Go Tools > Project Properties then

2. (Project Properties) open select Run/Debug/Profile > in right you will see Default > Double click here or click Edit
              3. (Edit run configuration) select Launch Settings > in 'Java option' text item past this line -Duser.timezone="+06:00"
              4.close and re-open JDeveloper
              5. Run entire project

Good Luck!

zakir
              ===
              • 4. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                I am getting same problem but i want to deploy my application in stand alone WLS,

and running configuration didnt work for me... isnt a way to fix java time zone?

I am using windows server 2003
                jdeveloper 11.1.1.1.0 and weblogic 10.3.1
                ADF application
                • 5. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                  Hi all

I am using jdev11g (with weblogic), i faced same issue and included -Duser.timezone as mentioned in default run target, but still got the same error.

WARNING: ADF: Adding the following JSF error message: ORA-01882: timezone region not found

java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01882: timezone region not found

at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:79)
                       at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:133)
                       at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:206)
                       at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
                       at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
                       at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1034)
                       at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:183)
                       at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:942)

I am new to ADF and trying to create ADF Table from Database Table using Entity and View Objects.

Regards,
                  Amit
                  • 6. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                    When you try to run an application deployed on a weblogic server (with a datasource), the server executes “ALTER SESSION SET TIME_ZONE = 'Asia/Muscat'”. (Asia/Muscat) is the timezone defined on the operating system my weblogic is installed on. If the database cannot find it from V$TIMEZONE_NAMES table, you will have that error…
                    Try to change the Timezone of your weblogic server.
                    Hope this will help.

Rgds

Nicolas
                    • 7. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                      Thank you Zakir, it works fine.

Edited by: AM84 on Mar 9, 2010 12:22 AM
                      • 8. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                        How to change the timezone region of your weblogic server

Go to the bin directory in your domain directory

Edit setDomainEnv.cmd

scroll untill you find

EXTRA_JAVA_PARAMETERS

Add -Duser.timezone=EET

you can replace the EET timezone with your own one

Best Regards ,
                        A. Safwat
                        • 9. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                          Thank you, mush dbrosius. I set time zone -Duser.timezone="+06:00". now working

if my pc time zone +08.00 . how to solve this problem.
                          • 10. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                            odrewien
                            Hi,

I got the same problem with WebLogic Server 10.3.3 and an ADF Application.

First we try to set -Duser.timezone=CET in setDomainEnv.bat but ...we are facing a new problem: vary bad performance

Then we found what happend.
                            1) on Windows you MUST change to timezone (control panel | time&date) to something. And the change it to your timezone.
                            2) removed the -Duser.timezone from setDomainEnv.bat
                            3) Restart all Server in the domain.

Well done - all problems disappears.
                            • 11. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                              Hi odrewien

I was facing the same problem, I did what you posted and now it works fine.

Thanks a lot.

atte.

Cristian.
                              • 12. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                                Follow the below steps. I also was encountering the same issue and now it is resolved:

1. Open the ViewController package

2. Under this, open WEB-INF/web.xml

3. The web.xml file gets opened. Go to 'Overview' tab --> Application

4. Go to the section 'Locale Encoding Mapping'

5. Click the "+" symbol

6. For 'Locale', enter some value like 'en_US' and for encoding, enter 'Cp1252'

7. Save, stop the weblogic server instance and run the file. And Done.

- Venu Bhagavatula
                                • 13. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                                  ShelkeDarshan
                                  Hi,
                                  Thankyou for sharing these details.These are the most appropriate steps because you need not have to change timezone settings for each project in jdeveloper rather than change timezone of the weblogic server.I have set the value as "+5:30" which is timezone of the system
                                  • 14. Re: How to fix msg=ORA-01882: timezone region  not found
                                    Solved for me
                                    Thanks a lot ahmedsafwat. That was great.
                                    ------------------
                                    I've tried:
                                    a- Changing Java Option of the projects -> same error
                                    b- Changing OS timezone -> same error
                                    c- Adding Locale and Encoding in Locale Encoding Mapping -> same error
                                    ------------------
                                    Here are the steps that solved the problem (for me):

1- Stop (or exit) wls

2- Edit setDomainEnv.cmd
                                    for me it's located in C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\"mydomain"\bin\

3- Search for line that start with "set EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES="
                                    not "EXTRA_JAVA_PARAMETERS"

4- At the end of the line add space and "-Duser.timezone=UTC"
                                    UTC can be changed with another timezone

5- Start wls
                                    -------------------
                                    These steps solved the problem in "remote wls"
                                    Other solutions (listed above a, b, c) may solve the problem in "integrated wls"
                                    ------------------
                                    I'm using JDeveloper 11.1.1.3.0 on Windows Server 2003
                                    ------------------
                                    Thanks to all
                                    1 2 Previous Next