Using TortoiseSVN with Jdeveloper

Hi,

How to use TortoiseSVN with J developer 10g.

I have installed Subversion1.3.2, TortoiseSVN 1.5.6,but couldn't find any tutorial online..........
      • 1. Re: Using TortoiseSVN with Jdeveloper
        Timo Hahn
        Hi,
        TortoiseSVN is a stand alone SVN client (usually used as an explorer plug in). JDev comes with it's own SVN client build in (via an extension).
        So what you can do is to check out some projects with JDev and use TortoiseSVN to check the folders in the file system. In theory you can check out projects using Tortoise and use them in JDev, but I never got it working correctly.
        BUT you normally don't use Tortoise and JDev in parallel. You use either Tortoies or JDev.
        I'll use Tortoise only to check some files when JDEV is not running. Some advanced function like branch or merge are better (easier) done using Tortoise, but this is my personal opinion.

One BIG Warning I have to share: Don't use Tortoise Version 1.5.x together with JDev. JDev uses svn in version 1.4.x (JD11g uses almost 1.5.x but I've not tested it). The protocol has changed between the 1.4.x version to 1.5.x version.
        If you check out something with 1.5.x you can't see or use it with 1.4.x.

Timo
        1 位用户发现它有用
        • 2. Re: Using TortoiseSVN with Jdeveloper
          John Stegeman
          Scott,

Timo is correct in that JDeveloper 10g cannot deal with SVN working copies in 1.5.x format (it can deal with 1.3.x and 1.4.x) - so if you want to use JDev 10g, you'll have to get an older version of TortoiseSVN.

JDeveloper 11g (original release) has the same restrictions.
          JDeveloper 11g update 1 uses 1.5.x as the format for working copies.

So, to summarize:

* if you are using JDeveloper 10g, use SVN 1.3.x or 1.4.x tools if you want to work with them outside of JDev. Do not touch the working copy with the 1.5.x tools.
          * if you are using the original JDeveloper 10g, use SVN 1.4.x tools if you want to work with them outside of JDev. Do not touch the working copy with the 1.5.x tools.
          * if you are using JDeveloper 11g update 1, use SVN 1.5.x tools if you want to work with them outside of JDev. Earlier versions of the SVN tools will not be able to deal with the working copy.

Best,

John