8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2008 3:44 PM by 674689 RSS

Peoplebooks installation help

Hi all,
      I have installed 8.9 application peoplebooks successfully and i am able to see the "help" hyperlink in all the pages.
      But when i search any thing in the menu, it is not giving fetching any results.

did i miss any setting?

I have installed the peoplebooks for people tools also. but when i go to the app designer and open any page and go to help => current window, it is taking me to some local directory but not to peopletools peoplebooks.
      I know we need to change some registry setting, but i do not where.

Please help me.

Thank you.
      Bye.
        • 1. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
          Locate the web page named psolmanager.htm in 'webserv' folder and open that in a web browser. One of the links allows the user to regenerate collections. Click the link, enter the password for the webserver, and the collection will regenerate.

And reboot the web server for changes to take into effect.

Edited by: user626583 on Dec 29, 2008 11:27 AM
          • 2. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
            I did regenerate all. but still no luck. it is NOT fetching any results when i search
            • 3. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
              PSFT_PP
              Have you defined the help url on the web profile n peopletools option page?
              Im a bit confused here. Are you searching using the menu search box or just clicking the help url .... You need to run build registry index for the menu search to run

Edited by: PSFT_PP on Dec 30, 2008 1:33 AM
              • 4. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
                Re-install but this time follow these changes.
                Shut down the webserver , start the Pbooks installation executable , put in the app license and select this option "GENERATE SEARCH COLLECTION FOR THIS PRODUCT ONLY" if its a single app pbooks.Then the rest of the steps are the same as you did before.
                • 5. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
                  I did give the help url in Web profile but i did not give the peopletools option page. now i have given that.
                  This time the app designer help takes me to some web page instead of taking to a folder but the web page does not have any thing in it(just a blank page, but the url is there(http://localhost:8100/bla/bla)).

I am trying to search in menu search box (PIA). It is still not working.

Thank you.
                  PSFT_PP wrote:
                  Have you defined the help url on the web profile n peopletools option page?
                  Im a bit confused here. Are you searching using the menu search box or just clicking the help url .... You need to run build registry index for the menu search to run

Edited by: PSFT_PP on Dec 30, 2008 1:33 AM
                  • 6. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
                    Hi all,
                    I re-installed both fin apps and peopletools 8.49 peoplebooks. now both are working.
                    When i go through app designer, it is taking to a webpage which has the data what we want.
                    In pia also help link is working.

The only problem still is the search. search is still not working. Please help me on this.

Thank you all for your replies.
                    • 7. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
                      PSFT_PP
                      Drill down to the navigation PeopleTools > Portal > Build Registry Search Index.

You can run it for all the installed languages or just english...

Prashant...
                      • 8. Re: Peoplebooks installation help
                        Thank you it is woking now.