6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 3:50 AM by Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle

Error when trying to activate changes

Hi,

I'm using WebLogic 9.2.2 on Solaris 9. When I try and set my server start arguments to

-server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:NewSize=64m -XX:MaxNewSize=64m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -D_Offline_FileDataArchive=true -Dweblogic.connector.ConnectionPoolProfilingEnabled=false -Dcom.bea.wlw.netui.disableInstrumentation=true -Dweblogic.wsee.useRequestHost=true

But I get this error upon clicking "Activate changes" in the WebLogic admin console:

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
      [Deployer:149150]An IOException occured while reading input. : with response code '500' : with response message 'Internal Server Error'

But when I look in the server log in question, there are no stack traces or error messages. Here's the screen shot from the admin console -- http://screencast.com/t/w0QxRWtRa. Any help on how to troubleshoot this problem is greatly appreciated, - Dave
        • 1. Re: Error when trying to activate changes
          david.karr
          You may find a ".out" file next to the ".log" file. The former will contain the stdout/stderr of the server, so it might have some information that didn't go into the log file, especially if the JVM failed to start up. If that doesn't point to the problem, remove all of the new settings you just added and add them back in one by one until it fails again.

Edited by: david.karr on Dec 29, 2008 4:31 PM
          • 2. Re: Error when trying to activate changes
            Hi,

It seems to be due to lock acquired before updating the changes in admin console.

To test remove edit.lok from the domain folder and restart the server.

Regards.
            • 3. Re: Error when trying to activate changes
              Dave - Did you ever get a solution for this problem? We are facing the same problem with 10.3.4. When I try to activate a datasource or app changes via the weblogic console, I get the following exceptions:

Admin Server Error

####<Dec 9, 2011 3:26:20 PM EST> <Warning> <Deployer> <nykpsr8224> <AdminServer> <[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '2' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1323462380586> <BEA-149078> <Stack trace for message 149004
              java.rmi.RemoteException: [Deployer:149150]An IOException occurred while reading input. : with response code '500' : with response message 'Internal Server Error'
              at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.transport.http.HTTPMessageSender.sendMessageToServerURL(HTTPMessageSender.java:303)
              at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.transport.http.HTTPMessageSender.sendMessageToTargetServer(HTTPMessageSender.java:125)
              at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.transport.CommonMessageSender$1.run(CommonMessageSender.java:301)
              at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528)
              at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
              at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:176)

Managed Server Error

####<Dec 9, 2011 3:26:20 PM EST> <Warning> <DeploymentService> <nykpsr8224> <node2> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <c36a43
              37f9da31a5:-1a05dae9:134247b7581:-8000-0000000000000048> <1323462380580> <BEA-290064> <Deployment service servlet encountered an Exception while handling the deployment service message for r
              equest id "1,323,462,350,539" from server "AdminServer". Exception is: "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
              at jrockit.net.SocketNativeIO.readBytesPinned(Native Method)
              at jrockit.net.SocketNativeIO.socketRead(SocketNativeIO.java:32)
              at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(SocketInputStream.java)
              at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
              at weblogic.socket.JSSEFilterImpl.readFromNetwork(JSSEFilterImpl.java:404)
              at weblogic.socket.JSSEFilterImpl.read(JSSEFilterImpl.java:383)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
              • 4. Re: Error when trying to activate changes
                user13687050
                Try increasing the number of open files for this OS user - check the Admin Server logs for "Too many open files"
                • 5. Re: Error when trying to activate changes
                  Hi,

Did you find the solution for this problem? Was it that there were too many files open?
                  I'm having this problemon weblogic 10.3.4 while trying to activate a datasource.

kr,
                  Glenn
                  • 6. Re: Error when trying to activate changes
                    Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                    Hi,

Exact cause is unknown, but a workaround (below) is available.

Solution

In one case, this problem occurred in a multi-server WebLogic domain only when managed servers (eg PIA, PSOL) were active. The customer was able to work around this problem by doing the following:
                    1) Shut down all managed servers
                    2) Then activate the changes in the console.

Regards,
                    Kal