2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 10:47 PM by Mike F -Oracle

Change iProcurement Categories Display

Hello,

I have a requirement, I need to change the display form of the Categories in iProcuremen, for example in the demo we have the following Categories:

** Ergonomic Supplies*
      ** First Aid/Medical Supplies*
      ** Industrial Supplies*

** Maintenance Supplies*
      ** Pens and Pencils*
      ** Planners*

I need to create a parent Category called With Quote and another Without Quote and place the corresponding Categories inside like this:

With Quote
      ** Ergonomic Supplies*
      ** First Aid/Medical Supplies*
      ** Industrial Supplies*

Without Quote
      ** Maintenance Supplies*
      ** Pens and Pencils*
      ** Planners*

I need that the first display of categories look like this, is this possible?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Change iProcurement Categories Display
          Niels LM.
          Hi there,

I think you would be able to accomplish your requirement by editing your category hierarchy structure in 'Oracle iProcurement: Manage Category Hierarchy' under the function 'Schema Editing'
          available via Responsibilty: iProcurement Catalog Administration > Schema > Category Hierarchy.

Start by Creating two new Top Level Categories and follow up by assigning the Child Categories as required. Test that Browsing through your categories work before you remove the seeded top-level categories.

Note that there are also advanced capabilities to upload a schema structure via XML/CSV files.

/Niels LM
          • 2. Re: Change iProcurement Categories Display
            Mike F -Oracle
            Hi,

I uploaded this file - it should help.
            [ftp://ftp.oracle.com/support/outgoing/12121212.600/category_setup_iproc.doc|ftp://ftp.oracle.com/support/outgoing/12121212.600/category_setup_iproc.doc]

Take care,

Mike