13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2009 8:06 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

EBS R12

Hi All,

We are conducting today demo for iProcurement using Vision Demo system for EBS R12 at the client's office.
      Our server has 5Gb RAM, so I guess for performance requirement it is sufficient.
      We only have 2 users testing the demo. For some times they are working good. But after sometimes like 1 or 2 hrs
      the user will hit an error:
      Error Page
      --------------
      You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for Assistance.
      Click here for exception details.
            -------

Unable to generate forwarding URL. Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WebAppsContext.getJDBCConnection() == null 

Exception Details.  
       oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: Application: FND, Message Name: FND_GENERIC_MESSAGE. Tokens: MESSAGE = javax.servlet.ServletException: oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Got minus one from a read calloracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Got minus one from a read call
           at oracle.apps.fnd.security.AppsConnectionManager.makeGwyuidConn(AppsConnectionManager.java:720)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.security.SessionManager.makeGwyuidConn(SessionManager.java:2962)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.security.SessionManager.validatePwdInternal(SessionManager.java:1481)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.security.SessionManager.validateLogin(SessionManager.java:1597)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.sso.SessionMgr.createAppsSession(SessionMgr.java:3211)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.login.AuthenticateUser.doPost(AuthenticateUser.java:124)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:719)
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:376)
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.unprivileged_forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:270)
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.access$100(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:42)
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher$2.oc4jRun(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:204)
           at oracle.oc4j.security.OC4JSecurity.doPrivileged(OC4JSecurity.java:283)
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:209)
           at com.evermind.server.http.EvermindPageContext.forward(EvermindPageContext.java:322)
           at _OA._jspService(_OA.java:221)
      Caused by: oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Got minus one from a read call
           at oracle.apps.fnd.security.ConnectionManager.dbConnect(ConnectionManager.java:1423)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.security.ConnectionManager.dbConnect(ConnectionManager.java:1326)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.security.AppsConnectionManager.makeGwyuidConn(AppsConnectionManager.java:705)
           ... 34 more
      Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Got minus one from a read call
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:255)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:387)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:439)
      Once the user hits this error and close the application, they cannot login again. It seems this error is looping ang generating lots of runaway process or "memory leaks" that the server gets overloaded and cannot be ping anymore. And when you run sqlplus apps/apps on the local it will show " maximum process exceeded" when I have 500 process in the init.ora. So what we do is reboot the server. And this happens over and over.
      Is there a patch for this error?

Have you ever experience this error in your R12 too?

Thanks a lot
        • 1. Re: EBS R12
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please follow the steps outlined in the following note to resolve the issue:

Note: 726339.1 - New Logins are Failing with IO Exception: Connection Refused (ERR=12516)
          https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=726339.1
          • 2. Re: EBS R12
            Wow thats fast hussein :-*

Thank you so much....Allah will reward you for your selfless love
            • 3. Re: EBS R12
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Thanks for your kind words.

You're welcome!
              • 4. Re: EBS R12
                Hi,

Check the database alert log file to see if its a database issue

If its on Windows then enable 3G switch and try.

Rgds.
                • 5. Re: EBS R12
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  thirus,

Most probably it is a database issue which is outlined in the note referenced above.
                  • 6. Re: EBS R12
                    Hi Hussein,

The note is for 11i is it applicable in R12 too?
                    I cant understand why I need 800 process for 2 users and why after they hit this exception error?

Does it mean that this exception error is caused by low 500 processes and session?

Thanks again
                    • 7. Re: EBS R12
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      The note is for 11i is it applicable in R12 too?
                      I guess so.
                      I cant understand why I need 800 process for 2 users and why after they hit this exception error?
                      Does it mean that this exception error is caused by low 500 processes and session?
                      Increase the two parameters and see if you can reproduce the issue.
                      • 8. Re: EBS R12
                        Hi all , I check the database alert ...and all i can see there is ...process P00
                        1 died....and lots of it (processes) died...

So when a process died.....the oracle server what unable to clean it up or release it...that is why is it eats up the 500 allocation.

So increasing the process would not attack the source of the problem :(

Thanks

Edited by: yxes2009 on Jan 14, 2009 5:22 AM
                        • 9. Re: EBS R12
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Post the complete error message, please.

Also, try what has been suggested above.

Edited by: hsawwan on Jan 14, 2009 4:31 PM -- 5GB RAM, no need to ask about the memory
                          • 10. Re: EBS R12
                            Hi Hussein,

One more thing....i want to monitor the system using client OEM console ....but even the OEM at my laptop cannot connect to the database....but the clien sqlplus can. does OEM needs so much resources?

I oftehn used this OEM with our linux server with only 2GB RAM with EBS R12 too...and it can connect.

By the way since this is a VISION demo i understand all the modules here are activated. How do i disable some of
                            the modules/process again to save memory resources?

I am only using iProc and Financials. So I can turn off the other modules.

Thanks
                            • 11. Re: EBS R12
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              One more thing....i want to monitor the system using client OEM console ....but even the OEM at my laptop cannot connect to the database....but the clien sqlplus can. does OEM needs so much resources?
                              What is the error?
                              By the way since this is a VISION demo i understand all the modules here are activated. How do i disable some of
                              the modules/process again to save memory resources?

I am only using iProc and Financials. So I can turn off the other modules.
                              You cannot disable (or uninstall) products, there is no supported way to achieve this as RapidWiz install all the products by default.
                              • 12. Re: EBS R12
                                Hi Hussein,
                                whats the error? Nothing...when u type userid/password and click connect...it just stay as is...no movement
                                You cannot disable (or uninstall) products, there is no supported way to achieve this as RapidWiz install all the products by default.
                                Its not the product to be disabled....it think their process, just like you dont have to start it even when it is installed.
                                Some of the process which is not used eats lots of memory , like the workflow.
                                • 13. Re: EBS R12
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  whats the error? Nothing...when u type userid/password and click connect...it just stay as is...no movement
                                  Did you try to bounce the services and check then? Has this ever worked?
                                  Its not the product to be disabled....it think their process, just like you dont have to start it even when it is installed.
                                  No, there is no such a way to achieve this. With 5 GB and two users, there should be no issue.

You may review the following thread:

R12 on Oracle linux: how to tune the R12?
                                  Re: R12 on Oracle linux: how to tune the R12?