5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2009 4:47 AM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

Fixed Lot Multiple in relation to the Min Order Qauntity

Hello, let me first Introduce myself.
      I'm new on this forum , and hope to get some answers to my questions about some possibilities of the Oracle system.

Can someone tell me the relationship of the Fixed Lot Multiple towards the Minimum Order Quantiy. To specify this;

What if the Minimum Order Quantity is lower then the Fixed Lot Multiple?

Thanks in advance,

Joost van de Pol
        • 1. Re: Fixed Lot Multiple in relation to the Min Order Qauntity
          Niels LM.
          Hi Joost,

Fixed Lot Mulitples and Minimum Order Qty are used by the various planning engines to suggest order qty's when a requirement is raised.

Lets say you have fixed lot multiple of 60 and a minimum order qty of 50. You requirement is for 30. The engine would then see the 30 adjust to 60 due to the fixed lot multple. Since the 60 is higher than minmum order qty then all is good and no further adjustments are made. Can you actually specify a FLT lower than Minimum Order QTY?

/Niels LM
          • 2. Re: Fixed Lot Multiple in relation to the Min Order Qauntity
            Hi Niels,
            Thanks for your quick reply.

So in the situation as described, the order quantity will be 60 pcs. And I understand this, but when the FLM is lower then the Min Order Quantity?

In my siuation, I don't want to order more then the min order quantity, so the Fixed lot multiplier can be the half of the min order quantity, for example:

Minimum Order quantity---------Fixed Lot Multiplier Good-----------Fixed Lot Multiplier Wrong
            50-------------------------------------------------25--------------------------------------30

And when the demand is now 50 pcs, the system will suggest an order for 50pcs(FLM Good) or for 60pcs(FLM Wrong) <-- When you use my given parameters.
            I just want to know if the FLM is leading as well as it is lower or higher then the Min Order Quantity.

And yes, it is possible.

Regards,
            Joost

Edited by: user10798147 on Jan 15, 2009 6:32 AM

Edited by: user10798147 on Jan 15, 2009 6:32 AM
            • 3. Re: Fixed Lot Multiple in relation to the Min Order Qauntity
              Niels LM.
              Hi Joost,

FLM 25
              Minimum 50
              Demand 50
              Order -> 50

FLM 30
              Minimum 50
              Demand 50
              Order -> 60

I think the Minimum and Maximum Order Qty´s are used first before the FLM is applied - but not too sure ... wasn't able to find answer quickly in Metalink.

/Niels LM
              • 4. Re: Fixed Lot Multiple in relation to the Min Order Qauntity
                I do have another question that is related to this one.

FLM = 0
                Minimum = 50
                Demand = 58
                Order = ??

In above case the Fixed Lot Multple is zero, for which quantity will the order be generated?
                • 5. Re: Fixed Lot Multiple in relation to the Min Order Qauntity
                  Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                  FLM =0 is not valid data. I am surprised Oracle even allows 0 in FLM.