6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 9:32 AM by Aush...

Creating Receipts for Requisitions

Aush...
      Hello All,

Can you please tell me, how to create the receipts for the Requisitions. (Purchase or Internal).

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Creating Receipts for Requisitions
          Niels LM.
          Hi Amarnadh,

Receipts for both Purchase Order and Internal Requisitions are made in :

Inventory>Transaction> Receiving>Receipts

or

Purchasing>Receiving>Receipts.

Note that you may have to perform Receive, Inspect and Deliver operations if your routing specifies Direct, Inspection or Standard Routing option. Also notice that the resulting txns act different depending on destination type being inventory or expense.

For Internal Order/Requisitions receipt transaction is only performed explicitely if you shipping network is set to intransit. If the network is set up as Direct Shipment, then the shipping confirmation will trigger the incoming receipt transactions to be performed in the background without user intervention)

For iProc related transactions you can perform desktop receiving in iProc (Requires Direct Delivery Routing). Different types are available to speed up the transaction in case you don't need to change the delivered qty's.

/Niels LM

Edited by: Niels LM on 2009-01-16 17:34
          • 2. Re: Creating Receipts for Requisitions
            Aush...
            Hi Niels,

Thank you very much for the reply. I came to know that we can create receipts for the internal requisitions,
            if the Sales order is shipconfirmed properly. I have taken such requisition, and able to create the REceipt from the front end. But while creating from back end, my script is not working properly.

Could you please check the following script, just have a overview and tell me am i missing anything importnant thing.

It would be very great help for me. Thanks in advance

--requisitions receipts header interface

INSERT INTO rcv_headers_interface
            (header_interface_id, GROUP_ID, processing_status_code,
            receipt_source_code, transaction_type, last_update_date,
            last_updated_by, last_update_login, expected_receipt_date,
            validation_flag, shipment_num)
            SELECT rcv_headers_interface_s.NEXTVAL, rcv_interface_groups_s.NEXTVAL,
            'PENDING', 'INTERNAL ORDER', 'NEW', SYSDATE, 8081, 0, SYSDATE, 'Y',
            'shipment_num1'
            FROM DUAL;

-- requisition trx interface
            INSERT INTO rcv_transactions_interface
            (interface_transaction_id, GROUP_ID, last_update_date,
            last_updated_by, creation_date, created_by, last_update_login,
            transaction_type, transaction_date, processing_status_code,
            processing_mode_code, transaction_status_code,
            requisition_line_id, item_id, quantity, unit_of_measure,
            auto_transact_code, receipt_source_code, to_organization_code,
            header_interface_id, validation_flag, source_document_code)
            SELECT rcv_transactions_interface_s.NEXTVAL,
            rcv_interface_groups_s.CURRVAL, SYSDATE, 8081, SYSDATE, 8081, 0,
            'RECEIVE', SYSDATE, 'PENDING', 'BATCH', 'PENDING', 1462136, 103483,
            1, 'POUND', 'RECEIVE', 'INTERNAL ORDER', 'CAN', 'REQ',
            rcv_headers_interface_s.CURRVAL, 'Y'
            FROM DUAL;
            • 3. Re: Creating Receipts for Requisitions
              Niels LM.
              Hi Amarnadh,

With looking too closely on the actual data you inserting into the interface I think you have made a mistake on the last 3 arguments in the line section. The order of the arguments does not match the values selected.

Arguments are:
              header_interface_id,
              validation_flag,
              source_document_code

wheras the values are selected as:
              'REQ',
              rcv_headers_interface_s.CURRVAL,
              'Y'

Try changing those.

And when you try to process the records and they fail the system should provide you with errors in the PO_INTERFACE_ERRORS table - or they may be viewable in the application from the Receiving>Transaction Statuses form.

For more help check out the Metalink note [365200.1|https://metalink.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=365200.1] :
              *11.5.10 / R12 ROI How To Perform Receipt On Internal Requisition / Internal Sales Order Via Receiving Open Interface?*

They provide sample scripts and describes the processing steps in detail.

/Niels LM

/Niels LM

Edited by: Niels LM on 2009-01-16 22:21
              • 4. Re: Creating Receipts for Requisitions
                Aush...
                Hi Niels , thanks again for reply,

I have changed my scripts, and tried to run the 'Receiving Transaction Processor', but my records got errored out . But the error message in po_interface_errors is not clear. Im chaging my scripts each time and testing to load it. But im always getting the same error. ie " All the lines were errored out for the shipmentnum (&shipment number).

1.Do we have any alternative for seeing errors.

2.Is is possible to check the code in the Executable 'RCVTP' (Executable for Receiving Transaction Processor' which is of spawned type of file, not sure..whether we can see the code or not. Have you ever tried this for Executable of spawned type of file.!?

One more thing i forgot to tell you is, im working in 10.7 Data base, not in 11.5.10

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance.
                • 5. Re: Creating Receipts for Requisitions
                  Niels LM.
                  Hi again Amarnadh,

Your error suggests that the Shipment Numer is incorrect. Have you tried to match it to the delivery name from Shipping side.

Also I think you are working at features (e.g. internal orders) that are not supported in your version (10.7). Take a look at the Metalink Note *224035.1 FAQ: Receiving Open Interface (10.7, 11.0, 11.5.x)* and specifically Q2 and Q4 - the latter is copied here:

Q4. What are some of the supported and non-supported features of the Receiving Open Interface for Oracle Applications up to release 11.5.9?

A: The non-supported features include:
                  - Corrections
                  - Returns
                  - Lot number transactions
                  - Serial number transactions
                  - Dynamic locator control
                  - Replace transactions
                  - Separate RECEIVE and DELIVER transactions
                  This means that if there is a RECEIVE transaction processed using the open interface, then the DELIVER transaction for that RECEIVE transaction needs to be manually created using the Receiving Transactions form.
                  - DELIVER transactions as a single transaction
                  - May not be used for Inter-Org Transfers or Internal Sales Order transaction types
                  - May not be used for RMA receipts
                  - May not be used for Drop ship receipts
                  - May not be used for creating unordered receipts

The supported features are the ones that exist in the Oracle Purchasing application, excluding the above. The receipt information from Advance Shipment Notice, Advance Shipment Notice with billing information, and other sources can be used to create in transit shipments, receipts and delivery transactions as output in the database.
                  The supported transaction types are:
                  - SHIP for a standard shipment
                  - RECEIVE for standard receipt
                  - DELIVER for standard receipt and delivery transactions.

/Niels LM
                  • 6. Re: Creating Receipts for Requisitions
                    Aush...
                    Hi Niels,

Thank you so much for the help. We could able to solve the issue partially.

We are able to load the transactions for the internal requisitions. Shipment header and Shipment lines are automatically created when the sales order (created from requisition number) is shipconfirmed.

We have passed the following columns

interface_transaction_id,
                    GROUP_ID,
                    last_update_date, last_updated_by, creation_date, created_by,
                    last_update_login, transaction_type, transaction_date,
                    processing_status_code, processing_mode_code,
                    transaction_status_code, quantity, unit_of_measure,
                    interface_source_code, item_id, auto_transact_code,
                    shipment_header_id, shipment_line_id, ship_to_location_id,
                    receipt_source_code, from_organization_id, to_organization_id,
                    source_document_code, requisition_line_id,
                    destination_type_code, deliver_to_person_id, location_id,
                    deliver_to_location_id, shipment_num, shipped_date,
                    expected_receipt_date, destination_context, use_mtl_lot,
                    use_mtl_serial,subinventory

But if we tried to update the Shipment heade but could not succeded. We are trying for that now. We are not sure whether we can update the Shipment header with attributes. do you have any idea?

I have checked that metalink, " May not be used for Inter-Org Transfers or Internal Sales Order transaction types " in 10.7 Not sure, whether it doenst support or partially supports this requirement.

Thanks in advance,
                    Amarnadh