6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2009 12:55 PM by 660936

Issue with FDM validate and Export to Excel options

Hi,

I have an issue with FDM Mapping.

When i click the "validate" option in workflow, the FDM processing takes long time .

But when i open a new web interface, i am seeing a gold fish on validate - which means validate mapping has been done.

Also,when i click on Export to excel,it is taking indefinitely long time and finally the session expires.

I saw the same issue in the forums and disabled smartview addin in Excel.But,still no luck.

Could any one tell me is there any other way to solve this issue.

This issue needs to be resolved urgent

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Issue with FDM validate and Export to Excel options
          Your web session is timing out. Increase the setting that controls this. Enable StickySessions. Or just hit F5 to refresh your window as soon as the status bar completes.
          • 2. Re: Issue with FDM validate and Export to Excel options
            Hello,

I would suggest that you engage FDM support to have this issue reviewed.

Hitting F5 is not an acceptable solution as it will cause the process to execute again on the server. If the issue is underlying you can have multiple rogue FDM processes on the server taking memory/cpu and slowing down the process even more. Also, if the event does continue to fire, your auditing and history of such events is changed.... which is a potential Sox compliance issue.

Thank you.
            • 3. Re: Issue with FDM validate and Export to Excel options
              Because this issue is apparently happening for multiple customers, maybe FDM support should find a solution for it. I've had tickets open that resulted in no help whatsoever from Oracle.
              • 4. Re: Issue with FDM validate and Export to Excel options
                Kelly,

It has been my experience that what is perceived on the top isn't always what is happening in the background.

There are several known factors which can cause issues at validate. These include:
                1. Corrupted Excel
                2. Smartview crashing inside of Excel
                3. Validating 2mil records (a performance related issue)
                4. Poor DB performance
                5. Invalid HFM Cluster configurations
                6. Invalid FDM LoadBalancing Configuration
                7. Invalid IIS/Web LoadBalancing Device (outside of FDM) Configuration

All of which can not possibly be diagnosed via discussion forum.

Keep in mind that Support does not write the software and can not change the coding of the software and relies on cases to build information for Development to fix.

Thank you.

Edited by: user743339 on Jan 20, 2009 4:08 PM
                • 5. Re: Issue with FDM validate and Export to Excel options
                  Kelly,

I would also urge you to re-open or re-evaluate the response that was given to you before from Support.
                  I would also encourage you to ensure that your SR was received by a trained FDM Analyst; as I do not see that style of answer comming from them.

Thank you.
                  • 6. Re: Issue with FDM validate and Export to Excel options
                    Hi All,

Thanks for ur suggestions.

The problem is resolved now.

They were numerous inactive Excel.EXE processes in Task manager.The problem got resolved when I closed the sessions.

Thanks