2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 10:36 AM by 682555

Importing a file with multiple amounts on each line

Hi,

I need to import a file with a format that looks like this:

Account,Department,Amount[Total], Amount[<30 Days], Amount[30<>60 Days], Amount [>60days]

The POV for each dataline is the same, except that each amount needs to be mapped to a different Custom2 member. As FDM can only read lines with a single amount, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with scripting this.

Many thanks!

Joengkie
        • 1. Re: Importing a file with multiple amounts on each line
          Hi, you need to import it as it is and use UD6,UD7,UD8 (say) values to import the same.

Then in the maps section of Custom2 use the IN or BETWEEN section and write the script to allocate it accordingly. you have to use varValues(13) to read the source account and then allocate it to Target UD2 (VarValues(22)).

When you will validate, FDM will allocate the values accordingly then.

Please see the FDM admin guide Conditional maps section for this.
          • 2. Re: Importing a file with multiple amounts on each line
            Hi,

many thanks for your answer. Your answer looks like a sensible way to go forward, but if its not too much trouble I would like some clarification:

you need to import it as it is and use UD6,UD7,UD8 (say) values to import the same.
            ==> Right now, I set my import format to: Fieldname = UD6, Field number = 16 (which is the field that corresponds to the colunm that contains the amounts for Custom2, Member Current. I did the same for Fieldname = UD7, Field number = 17 etc. This is what you mean right? Also, do I have to set any Fieldname to Custom2 and Amount? I haven't, and I wouldn't know which field to pick. FDM will then allocate the amount 0.00 to each imported line, alongside the other imported figures

in the maps section of Custom2 use the IN or BETWEEN section and write the script to allocate it accordingly. you have to use varValues(13) to read the source account and then allocate it to Target UD2 (VarValues(22)).
            ==> This is the part where I get confused. varValues(13) is the Source Account, but I don't see how that fits into this, as this is about Custom2? I feel like I am missing something but I can't see what.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Joengkie