7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 7:42 PM by t_norwillo

How to upload Inventory Items

AHS
      Hi,
      We are working on oracle apps 11i. There is a new requirement to add hundreds of items to the system.
      Is there any way or scipt that help us to upload these items specially that there are already quantities on hand for most of these items in the main warehause subinventory.
      In other words, how can we upload the items and their opening balance as well?
        • 1. Re: How to upload Inventory Items
          Cuauhtemoc Amox
          There are open interfaces and/or api's, have a look at irep

On the actual steps, you have also to consult with functional or somebody with knowledge of the setup to determine/configure templates for items. Also, be aware of the use of lots and serials. For on hand quantity you usually create receiving material transactions, setup may be needed for the accounts to use. Maybe costing information will be also needed.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to upload Inventory Items
            Hi,

Make proper format of items in excel file and use dataloader . This will reduce your work .
            You may also use record and play depending upon your requirement.
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to upload Inventory Items
              AHS
              I need help..

The accounting issues of a new inventory organization for WIP items are not quite clear.
              How can i replace the profit and loss accounts Sales and Cost of Goods Sold wth Capital Stock and WIP accounts respectively?
              • 4. Re: How to upload Inventory Items
                AHS
                Hi,

The profit and loss accounts of an inventory organization have no effect as we are not implementing Order Mangement and actual sales transactions are not made through Oracle Applications.
                • 5. Re: How to upload Inventory Items
                  AHS
                  Hi,

Thank for your answer.

Can you provide me with more advice please . I need guidance in uploading the categories , items and the items opening balances as well.

Inventory Items categories are implemented in my company as a 7 segments flexfield

1. Group-Independent value set
                  2. Sub-Group - dependent on Group
                  3. Sub-Sub-Group-depending on Group
                  4. Others - independent
                  5. Stock Type- independent
                  6. Future Use1-independent
                  7. Future Use2-Independent
                  • 6. Re: How to upload Inventory Items
                    Luko
                    Hello,

You have sample macro:
                    http://dataload.net/downloads/spreadsheets/index.html ( INVENTORY )

If you want create own macro you have to create item, category etc. you should map your steps in application in dataloader using DataLoad Commands.
                    http://dataload.net/help/macro/commands.htm

Regards,
                    Luko
                    • 7. Re: How to upload Inventory Items
                      t_norwillo
                      An alternative to using Dataloader is to use the Oracle Open Interfaces described here:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B11454_01/11.5.9/acrobat/115mfgapi.pdf

Chapter 7 describes the Transaction Open Interface, Item Open Interface, and Category Interface. The interfaces are a little more technical to use than Dataloader but, in my opinion, much faster once you get the hang of it.

-Tracy