2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2009 7:00 PM by 671621

Locking / Unlocking multiple Categories/Periods

In FDM 9.3.1 you can lock all locations for a single Category and Period. Is there a way to do this for multiple Categories and Periods for one, or all, locations as well? For example, if I wanted to lock or unlock all 12 periods in a year, is there a way to do this without changing the period 12 times?
        • 1. Re: Locking / Unlocking multiple Categories/Periods
          Are you talking about the POV lock? That only locks the POV to the current point of view, it does not lock the period down.

If you are trying to prevent data from going in to a period, you need to lock the period in HFM.
          • 2. Re: Locking / Unlocking multiple Categories/Periods
            Hi Kelly:

I'm referring to Locking and Unlocking the POV where you can Lock or Unlock All Locations for the Current Category/Period. We do a load to all 12 periods for a Category. We want to keep those periods locked until we do that load and then lock them back once the load is in. But currently we have to unlock all 12 periods one by one, do the load, and then lock them back one by one. I'd like to know if there's a way to select several periods to unlock at once.

I believe POV Mode Lock locks down the POV so that everyone sees the same POV.

Thanks,

Mark