4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 9:51 PM by ynandi

R12 Buyer Work Center -  Requisition tab

ynandi
      Hello:

I entered a requisition in Oracle Purchasing and associated it an item with an approved supplier (with a BPA) and then I approved the requisition. On approving the requisition, the system automatically creates a PO.

I do NOT want to auto-create PO ...but rather have the requisition flow into Buyer Work Center - Demand Management ... at which point the buyer can manually select different requistion lines and create a PO ...

How can I stop the auto-create PO ?

Thanks - Yesh
        • 1. Re: R12 Buyer Work Center -  Requisition tab
          Yes,
          In the Workflow "PO Create Documents" set Automatic Creation Allowed to 'No"

Please let me know if you have any questions

Thanks
          Navin
          • 2. Re: R12 Buyer Work Center -  Requisition tab
            ynandi
            Hi navin:

That worked --- when I entered the requisiition from Oracle Purchasing. I could go in the Buyer Work Center and see the approved requisition under the
            Demand Workbench tab.

However, when I enter requisitions from I-Procurement, it does not work. It automatically creates a PO for me.

Any idea why it is behaving differently for I-Procurment requisitions .... ?

Thanks - yesh
            • 3. Re: R12 Buyer Work Center -  Requisition tab
              Niels LM.
              Hi Yesh,

It's possible the Catalog item in iProc references a contract or agreement. The wf will autocreate the PO or Release depending on different wf-attributes. So check out:

Is Automatic Creation Allowed?
              AUTOCREATE_DOC Indicator (Y for Yes or N for No) of whether this workflow is initiated for all approved requisition lines.
              Default Value: N

Is Automatic Approval Allowed?
              AUTO_APPROVE_DOC Indicator of whether the purchase order approval workflow is initiated automatically after this workflow.

Should Workflow Create The Release?
              CONT_WF_FOR_AC_REL_GEN Indicator of whether this workflow creates releases or leaves them to the buyer to create using AutoCreate in Oracle Purchasing.

Should Contract be used to autocreate Doc?
              USE_CONTRACT_FLAG Indicator of whether the workflow should autocreate standard purchase orders with contract purchase agreement references. If this attribute is set to Yes and a contract exists, then the purchase order is created with the contract reference; if a contract does not exist or cannot be found, then the buyer must use AutoCreate to create the purchase order. If this attribute is set to No, then the buyer must use AutoCreate to create the purchase order.

Is Contract Required on Requisition Line?
              CONTRACT_REQUIRED_FLAG Indicator of whether a contract purchase agreement must exist on the requisition line for autocreation to generate a standard purchase order. (For
              example, a contract purchase agreement is referenced on a requisition line by associating a contract purchase agreement with an item using bulk loading. See Setting Up Contract Sourcing, page 3- 4 .)

Should non-catalog requests be autosourced from contract?
              INCLUDE_NON_CATALOG_REQ_FLAG If Should Contract be used to autocreate Doc? is set to Yes and 'Is Contract Required on Requisition Line?' is set to No, then use this attribute to indicate whether the workflow should search for a contract purchase agreement with which to associate non-catalog requests.

Regards Niels LM
              • 4. Re: R12 Buyer Work Center -  Requisition tab
                ynandi
                Hi Niels:

In I-Procurement, I do have catalog items that reference agreements.

So if this is the case, the "Is Automatic Creation Allowed? set to 'N'" attribute is ignored and the
                "Should Contract be used to autocreate Doc? set to 'Y'" is given precedence.

This does get a little confusing ....

Yesh