1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 5:03 AM by 948996 RSS

Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class

user6460076
      I use Weblogic 10.3.
      I install the product in silent mode with only WebLogic Server as component
      (<data-value name="COMPONENT_PATHS" value="WebLogic Server" />)

I run WL_HOME/server/bin/setWLSEnv.sh to obteint environnement variable

When I try to use WLST with "java weblogic.WLST" I have the following message :
      Problem invoking WLST - java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find the OffLine WLST class

Under Weblogic 9.2.2, I used this without any issue.

Does anybody may help me. Thanks in advence.
        • 1. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
          user6460076
          More info on this issue :

With default configuration everithing is OK
          in my silent file :
          <data-value name="BEAHOME" value="/weblogic/103/beahome" />
          <data-value name="WLS_INSTALL_DIR" value="/weblogic/103/beahome/wlserver_10.3"/>

With my spécific configuration I have "Could not find the OffLine WLST class"
          <data-value name="BEAHOME" value="/weblogic/103/beahome" />
          <data-value name="WLS_INSTALL_DIR" value="/weblogic/103/wlserver_10.3"/>

It is when wlserver_10.3 is not under beahome.

Does a relative path have been done in this version of WebLogic.
          Under Weblogic 9.2, no problem where found
          • 2. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
            I had the same issue. I have resolved the issue, by doing below.

Step 1:Run setDomainEnv.sh or setDomainEnv.cmd

Step 2: set classpath as

UNIX/SOLARIS/LINUX: export CLASSPATH=/BEA_HOME/weblogic92/server/lib/weblogic.jar
            WINDOWS : set CLASSPATH=C:/bea/weblogic92/server/lib/weblogic.jar

Step 3:

If Java is set use java weblogic.WLST

If not
            /BEA_HOME/jrockit_150_10/bin/java weblogic.WLST

Hari.
            • 3. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
              Hi there !

I still have the same problem.
              I have tried a lot of things (even the procedure described above) but it does not work.

If someone can help me...

Thanks !
              • 4. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                I had the same problem,
                and I realized that I installed Weblogic with components unchecked.
                Try to reinstall WL 10.3 with all options selected (except workshop for me)
                • 5. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                  I have the same problem on an HPUIX_IA installation of Weblogic. Could someone from BEA/Oracle support please respond!!!???
                  • 6. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                    Hi,
                    I have the same issue. It seems some files can not be found.
                    At least check C:\bea\wlserver_10.3\common\lib folder
                    components.xml
                    configwiz.jar
                    internalpaths.txt
                    jni.dll
                    macrorules.xml
                    oxy-cci.jar
                    pdev.jar
                    tuxedocontrol.jar
                    • 7. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                      Hi,

You can run the following script to invoke WLST.

Cd to WL_Home/common/bin/

Then run ./wlst.sh

Note: You don't need to set environment variables separately, if you use this method.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
                      Krish.
                      • 8. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                        We also have the same issue with weblogic 10.3 .Even tried with running ./wlst.sh xyz.py also but getting the same exception of unable to find WLST offline class or missing.... something like that..

If you open and see wlst.sh script at the end of the line it uses the same weblogic.WLST class. So if wlst.sh alone works then only we could be able to proceed i hope. Is it anything like that class needs to be installed at the time of installation or something like that ? If anyone have a solution please let us know.
                        • 9. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                          You can try to set the CLASSPATH by executing either
                               a) <<WL_HOME>>/server/bin/setWLSEnv.sh (For Unix) or
                               b) <<WL_HOME>>\server\bin\setWLSEnv.cmd (For Windows)
                          Then verify the actual CLASSPATH set in the command line and provide the output for CLASSPATH.

Also execute the following java command execution and post your feedback.
                          java weblogic.Home
                          • 10. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                            Instead of running the setEnv.sh or setWlsEnv.sh we need to source it.

Mean . ./setWlsEnv.sh from the domain. If that script is not present in ur domain copy it to the domain and give the mentioned command. After that run the ./wlst.sh . It worked for me.
                            • 11. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                              hi,
                              1. vi wlst.sh
                              you will observe that it reference to setWLSEnv.sh file and when you check out setWLSEnv.sh with vi editor you will find a reference to commEnv.sh.
                              commEnv.sh comtains JAVA_HOME,BEA_HOME,WL_HOME if all the paths are set correctly then execute ./wlst.sh
                              it will work correctly.
                              • 12. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                                We have basically the same issue when we try to create the interpreter using the embedded method..

I was able to use the interpreter embedded in a java client as long as the weblogic jars were located in a weblogic install if I tried to use them from a maven repository no luck at all...

All of this worked easily in 9.2 now in 10.3 it seems more error prone and less documented.

I have seen close to a 100 posts on issues related to this so is there a document which outlines specifics....

We / I have used weblogic now for almost 10 years and moving from 8.1 to 9.2 was painful and we expected the move from 9.2 to 10.3 not to be soo bad but its proving to be as painful if not more painful than moving to 9.2. We seem to spend a good bit of our time working around issues in the next new release that were not in the previous one..

Any help would be appreciated I think we will open a support case but even that is more painful...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

PS: We confirmed that all jars in the startweblogic classpath were in the startup. The server we have the embedded wlst instance is a managed server and we are using the component in a war... Are there any restrictions which we are unaware of.

Error we get is
                                1 [ERROR] com.tfn.autex.order.weblogic.QueueMaintenanceUtility.addQueue():217 Error Adding Queue wowsers JNDI Name wowsers Exception: Invocation Target exception while getting the WLSTOffLineScript path
                                • 13. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                                  Getting the infamous error: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class with WebLogic 10.3.2

I am not getting this error if I do the simple case of running the setDomainEnv script and then running the java weblogic.WSLT command, all that works fine.

I am getting this error when running some custom scripts that are too complicated to easily explain.

It would really help if some WebLogic developer who has access to code could lookup the weblogic.WSLT class code and tell us precisely what causes this error. Then we could look for it and fix it.

Is it some missing environment variable? Is it some missing Java system property? Is it some missing jar file in the classpath (unlikely this is the case, because -verbose:class does not show any classes are missing from classpath)? Is it some missing property file?

Please, somebody who has access to the code should look it up and put this matter to rest...

Thanks
                                  • 14. Re: Problem invoking WLST - Could not find the OffLine WLST class
                                    Hi .

When installing PIA, I got the same error.

I googled for the same problem & every step tried no use.

I Installed weblogic again by using existing Bea home and while installing 1st I was not checked all the option & I cheked only weblogic server. This time I checked all the options (like plugins..etc) ..

Amzingly PIA got installed & working fine...

Thanks
                                    Srinivasa Reddy
                                    1 2 Previous Next