6 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2001 11:51 PM by 3004

    8i Personal Edition OS requirements

    3004
      Can someone please tell me what OS can be used w/8i PErsonal Edition? Specifically, Windows 2000? Thanks.
        • 1. 8i Personal Edition OS requirements
          3004
          Hey Jeff,
          I'm running 8i PE on Windows 98, it's working great for me and i've read alot of comments about people running it on Win ME although not very succesfully it seems.
          null
          • 2. 8i Personal Edition OS requirements
            3004

            Dear Borith,
            I tried loading 8i PE on the Win ME. It gives an error -Unable to access the staging area. Please ensure the paths for source and destination or correct. What is the solution?
            It works alright on Win 98 SE
            Thanks
            Bala
            <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Borith Ouk:
            Hey Jeff,
            I'm running 8i PE on Windows 98, it's working great for me and i've read alot of comments about people running it on Win ME although not very succesfully it seems.
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

            null

            • 3. 8i Personal Edition OS requirements
              3004
              PO 8.1.7 works fine with w2k.
              • 4. 8i Personal Edition OS requirements
                3004
                To install Oracle 8i on Windows ME, before you install it, modify the WIN.INI file, adding in the section [Compatibility95] the string: Jrew=0x00080000. Reboot your system and try to install it. Good luck.

                <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bala Subramanyam (balacv@mantraonline.com):
                Dear Borith,
                I tried loading 8i PE on the Win ME. It gives an error -Unable to access the staging area. Please ensure the paths for source and destination or correct. What is the solution?
                It works alright on Win 98 SE
                Thanks
                Bala
                <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

                null
                • 5. 8i Personal Edition OS requirements
                  3004
                  OK, I've seen that I can install 8i PE on WinME, but which version? There are 2 versions that can be downloaded. The 8.1.7 version indicates that it is for WinNT and Win2000. 8.1.6 says that it is for Win98. Can I use either one with WinME (using the WIN.INI tip offered by Sidnei) or do I need to use one specific version?
                  • 6. 8i Personal Edition OS requirements
                    3004
                    I installed 8.1.6 version and it worked perfectly.

                    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Milt Keefer (milt.keefer@eds.com):
                    OK, I've seen that I can install 8i PE on WinME, but which version? There are 2 versions that can be downloaded. The 8.1.7 version indicates that it is for WinNT and Win2000. 8.1.6 says that it is for Win98. Can I use either one with WinME (using the WIN.INI tip offered by Sidnei) or do I need to use one specific version?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

                    null