1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2009 3:40 AM by 63022

Autocreate Approved PO's from Reqs and Enter PO's directly - Possible?

Hi,

New R12 implementation. Client wants to be able to auto create PO's from Approved Reqs. Now this works fine assuming the "Owner can Approve" flag is set at the PO Document Type level. The problem is that the client also wants to directly enter PO's. With this flag set, there is nothing stopping someone from entering a PO and self-approving (something the client has an issue with).

I am sure I have seen this scenario catered for before without customisation. Please can someone confirm whether this is possible and if so, a brief run down of the setup required.

Thanks,

Jon.
        • 1. Re: Autocreate Approved PO's from Reqs and Enter PO's directly - Possible?
          Jon,
          If you have a quotation attached to a requisition , from an ASL or otherwise, an approved PO can be automatically converted to a PO. If you want the PO to be approved the Buyer on the Item should have sufficient authority. In this case the creator is the requestor so u can uncheck owner can approve . This way a PO entered manually will not be approved

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Thanks
          Navin