8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 1:03 AM by SANCHITGUPTA RSS

RMAN-05520: database name mismatch, auxiliary instance has QADB, command sp

user10454776
      Hello All,

I am trying to clone a database called TRNGSSI from a source database called QADB, but encountered the following error. Both databases are on the same physical machine.

RMAN-05520: database name mismatch, auxiliary instance has QADB, command specified TRNGSSI 
      I am pulling my hair trying to find out why I got this error. Can someone advice. Below is the script I was using:

$ more cloneTRNGSSI.rcv 
      RUN 
      { 

SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 1 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/system_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 2 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/undotbs1_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 3 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/sysaux_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 4 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/banaq_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 5 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/banlob_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 6 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/development_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 7 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/undotbs2_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 8 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/users_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 9 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/workflow_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 10 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/conversion_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 11 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/custappl_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 12 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/undotbs3_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 13 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/undotbs4_TRNGSSI_01.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 14 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/development_TRNGSSI_02.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 15 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/development_TRNGSSI_03.dbf'; 
        SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 16 TO '+DATA1/trngssi/datafile/development_TRNGSSI_04.dbf'; 
      # 
        ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL ch1 TYPE DISK; 
      # 
      SET UNTIL TIME "to_date('02/22/09 19:00:00','mm/dd/yy hh24:mi:ss')"; 
      ## SET UNTIL SEQUENCE 1301 thread 1; 
      # 

DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO TRNGSSI 
          LOGFILE 
             GROUP 1 ('+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_01a.log', 
                      '+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_01b.log') SIZE 100M, 
             GROUP 2 ('+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_02a.log', 
                      '+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_02b.log') SIZE 100M, 
             GROUP 3 ('+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_03a.log', 
                      '+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_03b.log') SIZE 100M, 
             GROUP 4 ('+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_04a.log', 
                      '+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_04b.log') SIZE 100M, 
             GROUP 5 ('+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_05a.log', 
                      '+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_05b.log') SIZE 100M, 
             GROUP 6 ('+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_06a.log', 
                      '+DATA1/trngssi/onlinelog/redo_06b.log') SIZE 100M; 
      Below is the shell script that I used to call this cloneTRNGSSI.rcv script.
      $more cloneTRNGSSI.shl

rman target sys/xxxx@QADB auxiliary sys/xxxx nocatalog @/u01/app/oracle/TRNGSSI/cloneTRNGSSI.rcv log /u01/app/oracle/TRNGSSI/cloneTRNGSSI.log
      Just do not get it what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by: user10454776 on Feb 23, 2009 5:15 PM