5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 10:42 PM by lyallp-80952

Can't start managed server in Oracle Service Bus 10gR3

lyallp-80952
      Using Windows 2003 Enterprise.
      Standard install of OSB 10gR3 - only changes from standard are that I also installed the samples, otherwise, it's default install the whole way.
      My windows machine name is the same as a name entry in the HOSTS file, as follows

127.0.0.1 localhost
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx osb-strat
      yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy osb-other

I eventually want to setup a domain across 2 machines with 2 servers, one on each, hence the two entries.

For the life of me, I cannot start a managed server for OSB, I keep seeing
      ----
      ####<Feb 27, 2009 10:54:11 PM CST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <osb-strat> <Strategic> <Main Thread> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1235737451969> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
      weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
           at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
           at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
      >
      ----
      I did manage it once, but then I had problems seeing the second machines Node Manager - I have figured that out, but during my screwing around, I lost how to get the primary machines service to boot - I have not even attempted to boot the server on the second, remote machine!

I have tried creating the domain using the Config wizard and creating the server/machine using the config wizard.
      I have tried creating an empty domain using the Config wizard then using the Admin Console to create the machine and server.
      I have tried editing the boot.properties in C:\bea\user_projects\domains\TheDomain\servers\Strategic\data\nodemanager
      I have tried setting the listening address to the Hostname of the server, blank, to the IP address.
      I have tried configuring the service to not do host name validation.
      I do see, in the startup logs, that it notes that the hostname resolves to both the external IP and 127.0.0.1
      I have tried re-installing (multiple times) hoping to have a fresh start.
      I have even setup a Snapshot, post installation so I can re-start configuration from the very start.
      I am at my wits end.

Surely, it can't be that hard to setup a vanilla server and boot it?

Any suggestions, maybe even a step by step creation of a single server (other than the admin server for the domain), that boots, starting immediately after installation?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

...Lyall