11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2009 9:46 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Test EBS instance Solution Beacon

Hi,

Our test server get crashed. I need to get some testing instance.
      I heard about SOLUTION BEACON. Is it good to use? Anybody here have tried it?

Thanks a lot
        • 1. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Solution Beacon provides free access to 11i and R12 Vision Demo instances. In order to use these instances you need to have a valid CSI number. I used to access the 11i instance with no issues (but not recently).

You can access 11i and R12 Vision Demo instances through the following links:

Release 11i Vision Instances
          http://www.solutionbeacon.com/tools_r11ivision.htm

Release 12 Vision Instances
          http://www.solutionbeacon.com/tools_r12vision.htm
          • 2. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
            Thanks hussein,

I am an apps dba beginner, my work is just doing installation of R12 and cloning, for new client buying Oracle Apps license. This job took only 2-3 days...I work on per project basis...so after finishing install and cloning the functional and developer people take over...Then I bacame idle until another license sell comes in. My boss try to use my idle time by giving me cutomized report printing...She gave me specifically the printing of
            Checks with check vouchers and also AP voucher, my boss told me the table being accessed are AP invoices and AP Checks.

The payable voucher report fields consist of:
            -------------------------------------------------------------
            1. voucher no.
            2. ref no.
            3. payee
            4. date
            5. description
            6. amount
            7. account code
            8. account charged
            9. debit
            10. credit

The check voucher report fields consist of:
            ----------------------------------------------------------
            1. check voucher no.
            2. payee
            3. Bank br no.
            4. check no.
            5. date
            6. description
            7. amount
            8. account code
            9. account charged
            10. debit
            11. credit
            12. Amount in words

The check report fields consist of:
            ----------------------------------------------
            1. date
            2. payee
            3. amount
            4. Amount in words

My question is ...are there standard reports (built-in or existing) on R12 AP module the prints similar to these kind
            of reports? That I can copy or imitate? How do you browse of list all the standard reports built-in the AP
            Modules?

Thanks a lot
            • 3. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              I am not sure if such reports exist, but all AP reports are listed in the "Oracle Payables User's Guide".

Oracle Payables User's Guide
              http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_09/current/acrobat/120apug.pdf

You may also review:

Oracle Payables Reference Guide
              http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_09/current/acrobat/120aprg.pdf

Oracle Payables Implementation Guide
              http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_09/current/acrobat/120apig.pdf
              • 4. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                Thanks Hussein,

Can you give me the doc's linkfor:

For information on submitting reports, listings, or request sets, see: Running Reports
                and Programs, Oracle Applications User's Guide
                • 5. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Can you give me the doc's linkfor:

For information on submitting reports, listings, or request sets, see: Running Reports
                  and Programs, Oracle Applications User's Guide
                  All user guides for R12 can be found at:

Release 12.0.4 Documentation Library
                  http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_09/current/html/docset.html
                  • 6. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                    Thanks,

How do i see or list or run ...one by one ...all the reports pertaining to AP modules in the R12 instance?
                    • 7. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      You need to login to "Payables Superuser" responsibility and submit those reports. If this responsibility is not assigned to you, login to "System Administrator" responsibility, query your username, and add the "Payable Superuser" responsibility to yourself. Click on View > Submit Requests, and you should be able to see all reports under this responsibility.
                      • 8. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                        I got list of my responsibility but there are lots of them granted by Beacon, how do i search like payable% only?
                        • 9. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          I do not know if this responsibility is available there but I assume it is a full vision demo installation so you should find it. Query your username, and under the responsibilities, search for all Payables responsibilities using this keyword (%Payables%).
                          • 10. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                            Thanks again,

I learned that R12 uses XML Publisher as reporting tool and replaced the PDF and PostScript printing.
                            Does this mean I dont need the Oracle Reports 10g Developer Suite?
                            • 11. Re: Test EBS instance Solution Beacon
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              You can still use Oracle Reports 10g with R12 and generate Text PostScript, and PDF reports with some limitations (for example, Oracle Reports 10g base PDF format is not supported in EBS Release 12 in UTF8/AL32UTF8 environment). BI Publisher ("XML Publisher") supports generating and printing reports in various formats including the PDF format. Custom templates and custom Apps drivers will need to be created with the BI Publisher product

Note: 444248.1 - Using the OracleAS 10.1.2 Forms and Reports Builders with Oracle Applications Release 12
                              https://metalink2.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=444248.1