1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 9, 2009 5:51 PM by 689358 RSS

ODBC Driver available for OSX?

Hi all,

I am in the process of moving from Linux (Fedora 10) on an older Dell Inspiron to OSX on a new unibody 17 inch MacBook Pro.

I had been using the RPM based installations on my former system to connect to our Oracle server (running on RHEL). That worked fine.

I have installed the instant client on OSX, using directions I located in other threads here and that seems to be successful. This is the site referenced:

However, I still need an ODBC based connection to our Oracle server from my new OSX system. Is there anything available from Oracle for this, or do I need to resort to one of the commercial offerings for ODBC (eg. Actual) on OSX?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

• 1. Re: ODBC Driver available for OSX?
          As a follow up to my own post, I purchased and installed the Actual Technologies Oracle ODBC driver and have it working fine on my system.

It would be nice if Oracle were to recognize the rapidly growing market share of OSX (and that it is much larger than Linux on the desktop) and offer suitable drivers for this platform.

Edited by: user2269852 on Mar 9, 2009 3:51 PM