2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2009 6:46 AM by 691278

setup to create PO number automatically in iProcurement

Hi,
      I would like to know the setups to be done to generate PO number automatically while creating requisition in iProcurement. I know Po number is generated automarically for Emergency requisitions. What setups we need to do as a implementer to also cover if any other scenario when a Po number is to be created. If I want to create a PO in Purchasing with this Po number automatically soon after a requisition is checked out in iProcurement what additional process/setups are involved.

Thanks and Regards,
        • 1. Re: setup to create PO number automatically in iProcurement
          user16854
          We looked into this one.

Look at the 'CREATE PO' Workflow Attributes:

I think if this attribute is set to 'N'

Should Contract be used to autocreate Doc?

Then you can create a Contract Purchase Agreement for a Supplier. Create a Non Cat REQ against this supplier. Once REQ is approved, you get a PO automatically created.

I'm very likely to be completely wrong, but it's something along these lines.

Have a look [via Google|http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22Should+Contract+be+used+to+autocreate+Doc%22&btnG=Google+Search&meta=] - I think the '115ipig.pdf' userguide covers it:

Edited by: jimr on Mar 12, 2009 1:53 PM
          • 2. Re: setup to create PO number automatically in iProcurement
            Hi Guys,

You do need to create a contract agreement PO for each Supplier Site you are using. Once your req is approved, Oracle will automatically create and approve a PO, providing a valid contract agreement exists for it's Supplier/Site.
            Please note: you'll get your PO once the req is Approved, not checked in.
            Also, I'm not sure if this will work for Emergency POs.

Cheers,
            Iana