6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 4:55 AM by Anoops-Oracle

error while opening the file store file "WLS_DIAGNOSTICS000000.DAT".....

I have a WL 9.2.1 running on Sun solaris o/s .....it is failing to start thowing the following exception

<Mar 19, 2009 5:21:17 PM EDT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000362> <Server failed. Reason:

There are 1 nested errors:

weblogic.diagnostics.lifecycle.DiagnosticComponentLifecycleException: weblogic.store.PersistentStoreException: java.io.IOException: [Store:280021]There was a
      n error while opening the file store file "WLS_DIAGNOSTICS000000.DAT"
      at weblogic.diagnostics.lifecycle.ArchiveLifecycleImpl.initialize(ArchiveLifecycleImpl.java:44)
      at weblogic.diagnostics.lifecycle.DiagnosticFoundationService.start(DiagnosticFoundationService.java:107)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
      Caused by: weblogic.store.PersistentStoreException: java.io.IOException: [Store:280021]There was an error while opening the file store file "WLS_DIAGNOSTICS0
      00000.DAT"
      at weblogic.store.io.file.Heap.open(Heap.java:166)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.FileStoreIO.open(FileStoreIO.java:85)
      at weblogic.store.internal.PersistentStoreImpl.open(PersistentStoreImpl.java:350)
      at weblogic.store.PersistentStoreManager.createFileStore(PersistentStoreManager.java:202)
      at weblogic.diagnostics.archive.DiagnosticStoreRepository.getStore(DiagnosticStoreRepository.java:61)
      at weblogic.diagnostics.lifecycle.ArchiveLifecycleImpl.initialize(ArchiveLifecycleImpl.java:42)
      ... 4 more
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: [Store:280021]There was an error while opening the file store file "WLS_DIAGNOSTICS000000.DAT"
      at weblogic.store.io.file.StoreDir.throwIOException(StoreDir.java:213)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.StoreDir.open(StoreDir.java:103)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.Heap.open(Heap.java:164)
      ... 9 more
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: Error from fcntl() for file locking, Resource temporarily unavailable, errno=11
      at weblogic.store.io.file.direct.DirectIONative.open(Native Method)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.direct.DirectFileChannel.<init>(DirectFileChannel.java:51)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.direct.DirectIOManager.open(DirectIOManager.java:138)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.StoreFile.openInternal(StoreFile.java:112)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.StoreFile.open(StoreFile.java:142)
      at weblogic.store.io.file.StoreDir.open(StoreDir.java:95)
      ... 10 more

i went ahead and checkd the file and the privs on the file they look correct -rw-r--r-- ...but when i just restart it ..it starts with no errors the next time......What could be the issue.....please help

Then only reason i could think of is the size of the file is 35MB now...is this the problem....if yes....is there a way to automaticaly rotate this file ....