1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2011 5:44 PM by KinkoidGoogler RSS

Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality

sayantan.mondal
      Hi Everyone,
      We have a situation here. Financial Reporting Web application has been installed on a Linux server and deployed on Weblogic 9. We we
      try to access Financial Reporting from a Windows client machine, we get the following error:
      "You are not authorized to use this functionality. Contact your administrator."

Platfrom: x86_64
      JDK: Sun JAVA 1.5 (32 bit)
      App Server: Weblogic 9 (32 Bit)
      Hyperion: 11.1.1.1

Can anyone suggest some solution to this.

PS: We have already tried redeployment. Users have full access to all Hyperion roles and resources. We have checked that the Financial Reporting webapplication is available/running.

Thanks,
      Sayantan
        • 1. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
          Sayantan,

You have probably checked this already, but you will receive that error message if you incorrectly type the name of the FR server in the FR Studio client logon screen.

Best Regards,

Bobby
          • 2. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
            We also have the same issue installed on a Sun Solaris 64 bit test server using Apache Tomcat, and as yet Support have not yet resolved it.

However we had a unique point that you might like to check - Try to import the sample F R reports by clicking in Workspace on File... Import ... Financial Reports ...
            After a long pause, we got the message that the Workspace application server cannot find the Reports server on port 8200 (also port 8299).
            Support suggested that it was a mistake made when running Hyperion Configuration Utility, but we have tried every permutation in the config utility, and still not resolved it.

We checked vpd.properties, as well as fr_repserver.properties and fr_global.properties, and confirmed no manual port assignment there.
            We have also investigated the worker.properties file suggested in the HBI Install manual pdf under manual configuration of Apache Tomcat, as it also held a port number.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
            • 3. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functiona
              sayantan.mondal
              In our case, the problem was resolved by starting the reporting server service (freporting -q start) from $HYPERION_HOME/products/biplus/bin
              If this does not solve the problem, check if port 8200 (and also 8299) are open.
              • 4. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                Hi,

We encountered similar issue on FR studio which was on windows server.
                It was mainly because on the version incompatibility.
                It is necessary to apply patch on client system if you have applied patch on the server.

Also check if there aren't any network issues.

Hope this helps
                Hemanth
                • 5. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                  Hi..

I 'am facing bit differnet issue... while trying to connect to FR Studio from my desktop it throws error...

-----------------------------
                  Could not connect to server : ServerName

Please make sure that the server is running as specified in the logon dialog (including port number if not specified)
                  ----------------------------

1. Server is Running O.K. and I can connect to Studio when tried from server itself.

Any help ??? Apprecited !!!

Thanks
                  SD
                  • 6. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                    jts
                    Having same issue here...did a reboot of Hyperion servers and now I am unable to connect to Financial
                    Reporting Studio.

In the FRClient.log I have this verbage...

07-07 09:43:05 ERROR HsServer     Could not connect to server: ourBFSreportingserver:8299.

Please make sure that the server is running as specified in the logon dialog (including port number if not default).
                    java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: *10.10.10.65*; nested exception is:
                         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
                         at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
                         at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
                         at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
                         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
                         at com.hyperion.reporting.hsserver.impl.HsServer_Stub.getServerConfig(Unknown Source)
                         at com.hyperion.reporting.javacom.HsServer.getServer(Unknown Source)
                         at com.hyperion.reporting.javacom.HsHelper.getServer(Unknown Source)
                    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
                         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
                         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
                         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
                         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
                         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
                         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
                         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
                         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
                         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
                         at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)
                         at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)
                         ... 7 more

JTS

Edited by: jts on Jul 7, 2009 9:21 AM
                    • 7. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                      olapcons
                      I received the same error when I install it for the first time in my desktop. i.e., when I tried to login into the Studio before completing the Configuration and it worked after the configuration is succesful.

Now I faced the same error in a deskop which was working earlier. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it is still not working. I also noticed that it had 9.2 on it even i uninstalled that.

Any suggestions?
                      • 8. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functiona
                        sayantan.mondal
                        I found that there can be the following reasons for this:
                        1. The GSM port range 6790-6810 (default) are blocked. I think that at least the port 6800 is required for the client to work.
                        2. If deployed on Weblogic on a development mode without a license file, Weblogic will not allow more than 5 unique IP addresses to connect to the web app.
                        3. The service freporting is not started (can be started as: freporting -q start)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                        Sayantan
                        • 9. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                          hi Sayantan,

just like you i have the same situation,,Financial reporting web application installed on linux server and deployed on weblogic 9.2.
                          iam trying to access it from windows xp client machine.

Platfrom: x86_64
                          JDK: Sun JAVA 1.5 (64 bit)
                          App Server: Weblogic 9.2 (64 Bit)
                          Hyperion: 11.1.1.3

everything was successful but how to start financial reporting studio from windows client machine..
                          is ther any default url to start the FRStudio???
                          • 10. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                            We are experiencing the same issue, which occurs when trying to log into Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio via a Windows Client machine. Interestingly, this issue only occurs in two out of four of the environments.

Steps to reproduce error:
                            - Go to Start | All Programs | Oracle EPM System | Reporting and Analysis | Financial Reporting Studio
                            - Enter username, password, and name of Web App server for given environment
                            - Error occurs:

Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio, Fusion Edition
                            "You are not authorized to use this functionality. Contact your administrator."

The user I am trying to log in with is assigned to the role "00 All Administrators", which has provisioning for "Reporting and Analysis". I have refreshed security from Shared Services in Essbase Administration Services for the given Essbase Server.

Platfrom: SPARC 7 64-bit 4GB RAM
                            App Server: Weblogic 9.2 MP3
                            Hyperion: 11.1.1.2

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I have looked into some of the suggestions above but still not managed to get this working yet.
                            • 11. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                              If someone is acting like a jerk, it is the job of the(Lotro Gold) officers to rein that player in or kick that player to preserve the guild environment for everyone else. Until that moment comes, (WOW Gold)however, your officers have no reason to get involved. If your guild leader somehow feels compelled to judge the behavior of his(Metin2 Gold) players, he should judge them by their words and actions every day, not by the result of some one-time, artificial scenario. Furthermore, he should keep his opinions to himself until someone actually causes a problem. By the way, if you want to Buy WOW Gold and order for power leveling, you can click our excellent website to search for(RS Gold) your desired services. Once you trade here, you will find it is quite safe, convenient and fast to place an order and deliver the order.
                              • 12. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                                Hi,

I'm also facing same problem. We have installed Financial Reporting Server on Linux.

I have installed on Financial Reporting Stuido on Windows . I'm getting error while I'm logging.

Error : " You are not Authorized to use this Functionality. Please contact Administrator"

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks,
                                Suresh.
                                • 13. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                                  fredricparodi
                                  Is your Financial Reporting Server installed on the same server as the Financial Reporting Web server? When you are logging into FR Studio, you need to enter in the server name of the Financial Reporting Server, not the Web Server. As a side note, Financial Reporting Print Server is not supported in RedHat for 9.x and 11.x.

If the Reporting Server is installed on the same server and is running, the first thing I would check is that the client can connect on port 8299. That is the port the FR Java RMI is listening on.
                                  • 14. Re: Financial Reporting Error: You are not authorized to use this functionality
                                    Hi sayantan.mondal,
                                    I'm not so good at Linux server, but this situation is annoying, and i think you should use Reportipedia,
                                    Reportipedia is a great site with a wide set of information on reporting solutions . Full basic info on reporting, details on all vendors, news of the industry, and horror stories of reporting gone wrong. I find it a very useful resource i solved alot of situations from it, so this my advice to you, thanks.
                                    1 2 Previous Next