4 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2009 1:41 AM by user60341 RSS

Data Load Error

user60341
      Hi All,
      While dataloading into the cube i am getting a error message as below:

DataValue[-5e-015] Encountered Before all dimensions selected,[1] Records completed

Could anyone please let me know where i went wrong, i am not getting it. Even it is not showing any thing in dataload.err file . it is just displaying the above warning message.

Regards
        • 1. Re: Data Load Error
          JohnGoodwin
          You have probably not included all your dimensions in the data load rule, or not put the data column at the end.

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Data Load Error
            user60341
            Thank you John. May be happened as you doubted. But i cheaked once and twice the flat file every dimension and datacolumn is included.

But in one of my dimension column and data column first 4,5 rows are empty bcoz lack of data for that combinations .
            Is that the reason, the empty data cells are not recognized ? My flat file is like this as below

D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,Data1,Data2,Data3
            ab,yzc,sdx,cm,**,****,21214,9823
            er,dsa,dfg,hgf,**,****,23568,4509
            fv,jhg,kjh, lkj,mnb,9808,45433,3212
            bv,lkj,hgf,ikm,tgv,3405,93434,72456 {'*' are empty spaces in which we don't have any values}

IS that the empty columns in the first line creating the problem. I have checked all the dimensions mentioned .

Please help me out from this issue

Regards JOHN

Edited by: 58814 on Apr 30, 2009 4:20 AM
            • 3. Re: Data Load Error
              That's the issue.

If the ** represent a blank cell, then it needs to be populated with some member name for your dimensions and some data (most likely 0) for your Data field.

Good Luck

Thanks,
              [EssbaseInfo.com|http://essbaseinfo.com]
              • 4. Re: Data Load Error
                user60341
                Thank you . I will check that and let you know if any issues

Regards